MSC improved?

daka

I'm very much a meat eater and sailed Divina in '17 and Adventure of the Seas this summer and didn't notice much difference. I had excellent dishes on both. The MAJOR difference was no lobster night on MSC. That's something they should change

The biggest difference between MSC and RCI in the food is:

MSC smaller selection. Pime rib cut very thin. Food delivered warm. Food bland.

I would choose RCI over MSC for food and Specialty restaurants.

Ensure you print out all of your documents such as any extra things you may have bought to prove that you paid for them. We bought the Beverage Package and when we got on the ship we could not prove we had a Beverage Package (BP,)

When we got on the ship we had our preprinted boarding passes. However, when we boarded the ship, they took this from us. Thus, we had nothing to get anything such as drinks, until we got our Cruise Cards (CC.) The CCs were in our cabin and we could not go to the cabin until they allowed all guests to go to their cabins after they cleaned the cabins. that was about 1:30pm. So, until we got our CCs we could not prove we had a BP. Very embarrassed when asking to get a drink. Then when we did get into our Cabin and got our CC and tried to get a drink the CCs were not coded correctly. ON the pool deck I had to go down to the Guest Relations to get our CCs corrected, then go back up to the pool deck to get the drinks since I left my DW there.

Not a way to start the cruise, but it did turn out very good.

Ship small, but very clean, well laid out. Deck 5 has all the shops, Guest Relations, Excursions, and Irish Pub. You will dine on Deck 5 in the MDR next to the Manhattan Bar since you are Aurea and have Anytime Dining, not all the way back. Very nice and convenient. Breakfast in the MDR very good and you can have the buffet or select from the menu. Food portions are small but you may ask for more. Food is subjective so I will not say anything about that other than it was good.

The buffet on Deck 11 is the Buffet, Hamburger Bar and Pizza Bar. Never really used any of these as the selection was very limited. Especially on the last night we went to the Buffet and it was very, very limited. The Hamburger and Pizza Bar closed at 7pm.

Entertainment was very good each night. Make reservations on the screens each day for the shows. Two shows each evening and after the shows we would go to the Manhattan Bar where they had entertainment starting around 9pm.

The ship is old, but like I said very clean, easy to get around and we really liked it.

The staff was very good, but they need more training in the way of knowing what is really going on when asked about things.

We had the BP and were told that we could not order a cocktail in the MDR during the dinner meal. I asked why. Well we don't serve drinks like that in here. They tried to say you could only order wine or beer. I went and talked to GR and showed them where the BP was to be included in the MDR. The next night I could order a mixed drink.

Excursion tickets were another area of concern. normally on other cruise lines you get your tickets the day you board or that night. On the Sinfonia they would give them to you the night before the tour. Some nights when we got back to the cabin at 10:30pm the tickets for our tour was not in the cabin. So, you did not really know if you had a tour or not. No tickets, No tour. Where do you meet, when do you meet?

So, I went down to the Excursion Desk and had them print out my tour tickets.

Getting on and off the ship was quick. But, the Taxi Cabs when we got off were ONE 1. We were walk offs and were surprised to see only 1 cab. He would not take a credit card or USD. Only Euros.

I hope this helps. Not trying to paint a bad picture. Just trying to give you a heads up. We did enjoy the cruise. Just some strange things that they do. Maybe they have changed.

If you have any specific questions, please ask. I will try to answer.

Thank you for the review / input. I like the smaller ships, so that is not a problem. I have already started by "book" with prepaid excursions, packages, etc. We have already booked excursions in each port, Hotel in Rome, and transfers,. we are really looking forward to this trip. Thanks again.

See you onboard September 1st, MISTER 67! Our first time on MSC. Like Royal & Celebrity best but looking forward to a new twist!

MISTER 67 says: We have now sailed 4 times on MSC and our next cruise is on the Seaside Sept 1st.