Transatlantic from Barcelona to FLL

Denmal

We will be on a TA from Barcelona to FLL on November 17th 2019. I am wondering if getting the sanctuary will be worth getting for the 15 days. Will it be warm enough to use it on the 8 days we are at sea ?

When we took our previous TA , it was from Copenhagen to NY and it was too cold to use the sanctuary as it was in the north Atlantic in September

Does anyone have any experience ? on this route in November and what the weather might be like . I know we cannot count on the weather but just wondering

Thanks

We've done 5 TAs from Barcelona to Florida. Maybe we were just lucky--I read about rough seas, etc. We had lovely weather each time--warm and sunny days. Once the ocean was as smooth as a mirror; most of the time there were ripples and small waves. I believe in always taking a sweater or jacket for nights on deck (wrapping in a MUTS blanket would accomplish much the same thing). These are some of our favorite cruises.

Temperatures were much different than the northern route....at least in our experience. However....our WBTAs were in October. November might be different.

Will also be on this TA.Have been on 3 TA west-bound 1 east-bound. With the excepting of a 2013 TA, Barcelona which was freezing all of our cruises were fairly warm on the transit. I like my pool water and ocean water warm (lived in Florida 30 years after leaving NH cold behind.) I even went in the pool each time. All the crossings were smooth.

Having done a few of those November repo cruises we know that the weather (and temps) are unpredictable more then a week in advance. Since you would not book the Sanctuary until you board, you will have a good idea as to the weather for the first part of your cruise. In your situation (and we have been in that situation) we would suggest checking the long range forecasts for your ports just before you board. Its no guarantee that you will have great weather, but its the best option you have.

Hank

I would love to fill you in but then it would make it more difficult to book. One has to experience it. Book 1/2 day and try it. I did this figuring it was 2 less t-shirts to buy. during the on board $10 sale. In all seriousness, you get a comfy lounge, yes I know you get that around the decks, (along with all the noise), attentive service, tea time, and best of all your lounge is reserved for you and you alone during the time you booked. Twenty bucks and you too can experience it for 1/2 day.