Download daily Funtimes as a PDF file

crooooze

Most people may not know this, but while you’re on the ship, you can download the daily printed Funtimes as a PDF file to your smart phone or tablet.

You do *NOT* need the Hub app. You do *NOT* need to pay for a WiFi package.

Before you embark, make sure you have a PDF reader app installed.

Connect to the ship WiFi.

Open any browser and go to http://fhma.cclfunhub.com/~/media/files/documents/funtimes.pdf.

(I have this saved as a favorite link)

When the PDF opens, save it.

You can only access the current day’s Funtimes. There is no way to see previous or upcoming days. So, don’t forget to do it each day. There also doesn’t seem to be a consistent time that the link is refreshed with today’s Funtimes. So, if you’re still seeing yesterday’s, try again later.

We like to save all our Funtimes along with our photos. I find this better than trying scan or photograph the printed copy.

Note: the link only works when connected to the ship WiFi. Won’t work at home.

So another choice: download the pdf file reader or the cruise app pre sailaway. Or both, so one has a backup.

At some point, Carnival and most other cruise lines will have a few paper copies available on request at GS. Just like with photos, no more wasted paper or ink, just digital data.

Most people may not know this, but while you’re on the ship, you can download the daily printed Funtimes as a PDF file to your smart phone or tablet.

You do *NOT* need the Hub app. You do *NOT* need to pay for a WiFi package.

Before you embark, make sure you have a PDF reader app installed.

Connect to the ship WiFi.

Open any browser and go to http://fhma.cclfunhub.com/~/media/files/documents/funtimes.pdf.

(I have this saved as a favorite link)

When the PDF opens, save it.

You can only access the current day’s Funtimes. There is no way to see previous or upcoming days. So, don’t forget to do it each day. There also doesn’t seem to be a consistent time that the link is refreshed with today’s Funtimes. So, if you’re still seeing yesterday’s, try again later.

We like to save all our Funtimes along with our photos. I find this better than trying scan or photograph the printed copy.

Note: the link only works when connected to the ship WiFi. Won’t work at home.

Why go through all that when you can just get the Hub app.

That's my thought. The Hub costs nothing to use, you can tag things you want to do and get a reminder 15 minutes before they start and the Hub has so many other features (such as viewing menus). Unless someone wants an electronic copy of the Funtimes to share once they get back home there is just really no reason to download them.

Sure, the Hub app is great while on the ship, for the reasons already stated.

But, the PDF is an alternative to hanging on to the Souvenir paper copy, which winds up in a big box in the closet and mixed with all the other piles of clutter from other cruises.

Yeah, I know... and some people throw them out and don’t take them home. Whatever.

At some point, Carnival and most other cruise lines will have a few paper copies available on request at GS. Just like with photos, no more wasted paper or ink, just digital data.

At some point someone will invent a paperless toilet. I'll pass.