Millennium sky suite vs royal suite

gvgt97

We are a family of 4 with 2 teenage sons planning to sail on Millennium next summer. Currently we are booked in 2 sky suites as the maximum occupancy is 3. Looking for advice if we should stay with the 2 sky suites or move to 1 royal suite.

Thanks!

We also travel with 2 teenage boys in the deck 6 aft cabins. Would do the Royal suite if the smaller suites don’t connect. Will be very nice for the larger balcony with a dining table so everyone can enjoy breakfast together. Also with teenagers, it’s nice to have everyone in the same (large) cabin for some enforced togetherness before they escape to another part of the ship to do their own thing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

We are a family of 4 with 2 teenage sons planning to sail on Millennium next summer. Currently we are booked in 2 sky suites as the maximum occupancy is 3. Looking for advice if we should stay with the 2 sky suites or move to 1 royal suite.

Thanks!

Remember there are extra perks with the RS....it isn’t just about rooms. Drinks package, free speciality dining and WiFi is for ALL guests. Add on the bar set up and laundry and those perks do add up!

I think the compromises on the M class RSs are it doesn’t have a second toilet and sink off the lounge unlike the S class and your two teenage sons are not going to want to share that sofa bed so you will need to accommodate a rollaway too....

I would check more into the Royal Suite about the extra perks that you would get. Call X to find out if they also apply to the 3 and 4 guests.

You get 12 points/night instead of 8.

I think you also get unlimited dining in the specialty restaurants plus other little perks and privileges that those in Sky Suites don’t.

Happy cruising 🌊🚢🇺🇸🌅

Hard to answer this for someone else as it depends on which features are most important to you and how much having your privacy matters.

With 2 boys, that second bathroom may not matter as much as it would with girls.

But in 2018, when we are all so spoiled and accustomed to having our own bathroom, many of us dislike having only one bathroom for the entire family when we are on vacation,

(even those of us who grew up with the entire family sharing one bathroom).

Would you consider 2 connecting Celebrity Suites instead?

It is just my personal preference, but I think the living rooms of the Celebrity Suites on the M-class ships are much nicer than the living rooms of the Royal Suites.

I would check more into the Royal Suite about the extra perks that you would get. Call X to find out if they also apply to the 3 and 4 guests.

You get 12 points/night instead of 8.

I think you also get unlimited dining in the specialty restaurants plus other little perks and privileges that those in Sky Suites don’t.

Happy cruising 🌊🚢🇺🇸🌅

The perks do apply to guests 3 and 4....Adult third and fourth guest will receive a premium drinks package, youngsters will get the premium nonalcoholic package. All will have WiFi and free unlimited speciality dining. We have cruised on many occasions with our son as guest 3 enjoying lots of nice perks at very little cost....

Would you consider 2 connecting Celebrity Suites instead?

It is just my personal preference, but I think the living rooms of the Celebrity Suites on the M-class ships are much nicer than the living rooms of the Royal Suites.

I agree that, in many ways, the Celebrity Suites are nicer than the Royal Suites on the M-class ships and that I would definitely prefer two Celebrity Suites to one Royal Suite. However, the Celebrity Suites do not receive the perks included with the Royal.

The beds will separate in the Celebrity Suites meaning that the teenage boys would get a proper bed each. There is more light in the Celebrity Suites which are in a great position and the bedrooms are completely dark (which is my preference at night). The balconies are a swings and roundabouts situation. Those of the Celebrity suites are very long but shallow. I do not know if the dividers can be opened as we have not been in one since the balconies were added. But I think the Royal balcony would be a squeeze with four people. They are crowded with the bath and all the furniture.

The Royal Suite is likely to be the best option financially but two Celebrity Suites are likely to be the more comfortable option. It depends on the priorities of the OP.