The New York/Texas Liquor Law & CHEERS! Question...

CruisnMom007

In Texas you don't pay for cheers for the first day, it kicks in at 6am the following morning.

I have seen them load a lot of liquor, wrapped in black plastic that says "Texas Liquor". Some weird laws, I have heard its due to the unlimited drinks for a fixed price.

I cannot find the reference now but there is a tax the cruise lines can pay to allow the unlimited drink package while in Texas waters. CCL does not pay the extortion fee from TABC (my own opinion of TABC) it but RCCL does.

New York still has "bottomless" brunches (you have to still wear pants silly' date=' it is just for booze). Here is an example. Maybe because it is limited to 90 minutes? https://www.theflyingcocknyc.com/bottomless-brunch/[/quote']

Probably more to the fact that it is being served with food.

Section 117-a does not apply to private functions not opened to the public, such as weddings, banquets, or receptions, or other similar functions or to a package of food and beverages where the service of alcoholic beverages is incidental to the event or function. If you have questions about whether a particular drink special would be a violation of Section 117-a, or whether a particular event is exempt from the statute, please contact the Authority’s Office of Counsel.

To comply Carnival would have to buy liquor from the respective states(serving from bottles with the state seal)for the first day, rather than do that they have chosen to just forgo offering cheers the first day.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

They already have to this for liquor they sell in Texas waters, even at a la carte prices.

Sent from my SM-J727P using Forums mobile app