Crown Loft questions

Greetings all.

Excuse the ignorance, first time in a suite, specifically a crown loft. Couple of questions.

What is your favorite benefit that you take advantage of from being a suite guest?

Do I need to make dining/show reservations ahead of time, or do suite guests get priority?

Thanks!

If you are in a Star Class suite, there is no need to make any show reservations, your Genie will set up reserved seats for you at every show.

I don't think the Crown Loft is considered Star Class, but am not certain of that.

We loved being in the Crown Loft Suite- it wasn't Star class, but Sky class gave us plenty of benefits.

We really liked being on Deck 17 and the proximity to the Coastal Kitchen and the Suite Lounge. The lounge was open most of the day and served drinks 11a-11p. We enjoyed going to the lounge and just having a nice drink before dinner.

The only show you need to make a reservation for is the Comedy show. There will be some reserved seating at all other shows.

The priority debarkation was pretty sweet- we skipped all the lines and were out the door with our luggage in about 20 minutes.

The suite sun deck is also nice on sea days. Never very crowded. We were able to get one of the 4 cabanas both days. Access to your own bar.

Really enjoyed reserved seating at the shows and being able to skip the line of people getting their cards scanned.

The concierges are great and can do just about anything on the ship. We didn't like our table/waiter in the MDR and he switched us to a better spot.

I made a specialty restaurant reservation in advance but didn't like the time. The concierge was able to change this. You should receive an email from them one week in advance of your cruise. You can make requests at that time.

We also enjoyed the suite sail away party from one of the ports. It is held on the helipad around 4:30 and you meet all the officers other than the captain....he's busy at that time.

Quiet coffee and continental breakfast in the suite lounge every morning while reading the paper on the free unlimited internet.....

I know I'm on a cruise, but I go crazy without contact to the outside world. The free internet allows unlimited contact and also allows our family to stay in touch with each other on the ship.

Edited by Longhorn Cruiser

If you are in a Star Class suite, there is no need to make any show reservations, your Genie will set up reserved seats for you at every show.

Then I would at least make reservations for the comedy show. You can get into the other shows without reservations, but you won't have reserved seats, so get there early enough to have a decent choice of seats.

The suite sun deck is also nice on sea days. Never very crowded. We were able to get one of the 4 cabanas both days. Access to your own bar.

Really enjoyed reserved seating at the shows and being able to skip the line of people getting their cards scanned.

The concierges are great and can do just about anything on the ship. We didn't like our table/waiter in the MDR and he switched us to a better spot.

I made a specialty restaurant reservation in advance but didn't like the time. The concierge was able to change this. You should receive an email from them one week in advance of your cruise. You can make requests at that time.

We also enjoyed the suite sail away party from one of the ports. It is held on the helipad around 4:30 and you meet all the officers other than the captain....he's busy at that time.

Quiet coffee and continental breakfast in the suite lounge every morning while reading the paper on the free unlimited internet.....

I know I'm on a cruise, but I go crazy without contact to the outside world. The free internet allows unlimited contact and also allows our family to stay in touch with each other on the ship.

Do most suite guests go to the MDR or the Coastal Kitchen if not going to individual restaurants? I've heard the Coastal Kitchen is better than the MDR, and in some cases better than some of the restaurants.

Then I would at least make reservations for the comedy show. You can get into the other shows without reservations, but you won't have reserved seats, so get there early enough to have a decent choice of seats.

Crown loft / Sky class does have reserved seats (other than the comedy show.) Get there 20 minutes before and they will direct you to them.

Aquatheater - center near the top.

Theater - Balcony center 2nd and 3rd rows

Ice rink - end of rink 2nd and 3rd rows

Do most suite guests go to the MDR or the Coastal Kitchen if not going to individual restaurants? I've heard the Coastal Kitchen is better than the MDR, and in some cases better than some of the restaurants.

Personally, I will not go to the MDR. I hated the crowds and the service was rushed and not very good. I much prefer Coastal Kitchen and the relaxed atmosphere. I won't sail on an Oasis/Quantum class ship without being able to eat at CK. But, that's just my two cents

Personally, I will not go to the MDR. I hated the crowds and the service was rushed and not very good. I much prefer Coastal Kitchen and the relaxed atmosphere. I won't sail on an Oasis/Quantum class ship without being able to eat at CK. But, that's just my two cents

Are formal nights in the CK the same as the rest of the ship? Do you tend to see more formal attire in the CK? My family enjoys dressing up, but it would be awkward if most in the CK do not!

Are formal nights in the CK the same as the rest of the ship? Do you tend to see more formal attire in the CK? My family enjoys dressing up, but it would be awkward if most in the CK do not!

The formal nights in CK are the same as the rest of the ship. We ate at a specialty the first formal night and CK the second formal night. Overall, the second formal night was less 'formal' than the first to me. I enjoy dressing up also and my husband and son wore collared shirts and khaki/dress pants every night and they were never out of place. I think CK was slightly dressier than MDR, but honestly, we just ate the MDR one night, so I could be imagining things :)

We still enjoy formal nights as well. We always eat in the MDR on these nights just to see what others are wearing. Also we like to get a family picture then. It still reminds me of what formal cruising used to be.

Crown loft / Sky class does have reserved seats (other than the comedy show.) Get there 20 minutes before and they will direct you to them.

Aquatheater - center near the top.

Theater - Balcony center 2nd and 3rd rows

Ice rink - end of rink 2nd and 3rd rows

On Oasis this July the suite seats were on the main floor and not the balcony. Much better seats. The balcony seats site line are partially blocked by the balcony railing.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I like to try all venues but CK was my favourite for breakfast, lunch and dinner so the place I frequented most. If in the suite, you don't need reservations or even join the line if you go to MDR, there is a special check-in desk just for suites.

CK has better ambience with a restaurant feel, less rushed, complementary wine served and IMO food is better presented. Menu is different to the one in MDR and more restricted.

I don't believe speciality restaurants are better so only reason to visit one is for a different experience or because the menu appeals.

One other benefit I'm looking forward to using is the Luggage Valet. Depending on which ship/port and airline, this may be available to you. Basically you put your luggage out with everyone else, but you don't see it again until you get to your destination airport. See the link below.

http://www.royalcaribbean.com/contentWithHero.do?pagename=luggage_valet_service