Specialty Restaurant Reservation Help!

lightingafire

Finally booked my vacation on the Escape leaving Sunday, Aug. 26th. I logged in to make reservations at the specialty restaurants since my boyfriend and I chose that as one of our "free at sea" packages, but it appears that almost everything is booked up. Does anyone know if they open up more spots once onboard?

There are some dates where you can book a table for 1, 3, 4, 5, or 6 people, but not 2. Is it possible for me to book a reservation for 3, even though it is just us 2, or will they not let us do that or seat us with a single passenger? I tried calling NCL but was on hold forever so I hung up and figured I would ask the CC experts! :D

Finally booked my vacation on the Escape leaving Sunday, Aug. 26th. I logged in to make reservations at the specialty restaurants since my boyfriend and I chose that as one of our "free at sea" packages, but it appears that almost everything is booked up. Does anyone know if they open up more spots once onboard?

There are some dates where you can book a table for 1, 3, 4, 5, or 6 people, but not 2. Is it possible for me to book a reservation for 3, even though it is just us 2, or will they not let us do that or seat us with a single passenger? I tried calling NCL but was on hold forever so I hung up and figured I would ask the CC experts! :D

Yes, you can book once aboard. Make sure you go straight to one of the electronic screens, as prime time seating goes quick.

I’ve booked the reservation for three in the past to get the restaurant on the day I really wanted. But the other days you can book on the interactive screens or if you download the NCL ap, I’ve been able to book on that as well when you get on the ship. A tip for the screens, go up a few floors to get one that’s not being used. Enjoy your cruise and stop at food republic....it’s so gooooood

We had the same issue on our Escape cruise. I booked later dining times then asked to adjust when onboard. All of them were adjusted to more appropriate times. Funny thing was, when we actually went to dinner at those "busy" times, the restaurants were only 1/2 full.

Food Republic was really good and we thought Pincho Tapas made an outstanding lunch, with low prices so we just bought 3 or 4 dishes a la carte.

Yes, book for 3 and when you get onboard the ship, go to the reservations desk and change the number to 2.

I am not a fan of the I concierge app in general but it does a great job of booking shows and restaurants when on board. If you can, download the app before you sail (it's free) and then once on board go sit anywhere and make all your reservations. Those screens throughout the ships usually have long lines but your app will not and I found it works pretty good for reservations. The wifi to run the app is free on board you don't have to sign up for anything just put your phone in airplane mode and turn your wifi on. The Escape wifi was pretty good.

about 1/2 of the tables are saved for booking after boarding so you will be just fine if you book as soon as you get on board. The only problem we have ever had is not being able to get the exact time we want. Sometimes we have to settle for a 1/2 hour earlier or 1/2 hour or so later. Don't worry you should to fine.