Early debark

TXLori

I've arranged an early debark for my upcoming cruise. Do I need to speak with someone on the ship to get the complete details? I've e-mailed the desk that handles this with no response.

Thank you.

I've arranged an early debark for my upcoming cruise. Do I need to speak with someone on the ship to get the complete details? I've e-mailed the desk that handles this with no response.

Thank you.

We have done this, but had to get approval and yes, fill out a form ahead of the cruise. You might try to find out if they require this to be done in advance of the cruise. We did this through our travel agent. We also checked with the desk a few days before we were due to leave and they checked that all was in order. You shouldn't have any problems as long as you don't do this at the last minute.

Yes, let the ship personnel know your plans once onboard.

For an early disembark you'll not put out your packed luggage the night before. You'll carry your own luggage off when you disembark.

Bonnie

We are traveling on Pursuit in February. We want to disembark in Buenos Aires the day prior to the end of our cruise. Our TA checked with Azamara that this is okay because ship will arrive and clear immigration and customs on that morning and then overnight in port. My husband has significant difficulty walking and managing the luggage. Will we be able to get assistance from Azamara ship personnel with bringing our luggage to where we meet our transport to airport?

Bonnie

We are traveling on Pursuit in February. We want to disembark in Buenos Aires the day prior to the end of our cruise. Our TA checked with Azamara that this is okay because ship will arrive and clear immigration and customs on that morning and then overnight in port. My husband has significant difficulty walking and managing the luggage. Will we be able to get assistance from Azamara ship personnel with bringing our luggage to where we meet our transport to airport?

Hi didi7,

I don't speak for the ship personnel, but assuming you're disembarking during regular daylight hours there should be plenty of ship staff available. You should ask the Front Desk, or the Hotel Director, when you arrange your early disembark if it can be arranged.

Thanks Bonnie! This will be our second Azamara cruise and I had thought from reading these boards that you were an AZ rep. I really appreciate all the friendly advice on Cruise Critic! And we were avid Oceania fans but have made room on our plate for Azamara too. They each have their special appeal.

Thanks Bonnie! This will be our second Azamara cruise and I had thought from reading these boards that you were an AZ rep. I really appreciate all the friendly advice on Cruise Critic! And we were avid Oceania fans but have made room on our plate for Azamara too��. They each have their special appeal.

Hi didi7,

I agree you'll always find friendly advice on CC :hearteyes:

And, yes I do represent Azamara on this forum and in the blogosphere.

Enjoy your Azamara cruise!

Yes, let the ship personnel know your plans once onboard.

For an early disembark you'll not put out your packed luggage the night before. You'll carry your own luggage off when you disembark.

Hello Bonnie, would the same apply for a requested later depart time?

Hello Bonnie, would the same apply for a requested later depart time?

A later disembark time is dependent on various factors, and not always available. It is determined by ship personnel so yes, ask onboard.

As for luggage, I believe (but not sure..others will have firsthand experience) that your luggage would go off the night before but you’d keep your carry-on with you.