Group perks?

For 8 rooms (double occupancy), Royal gives one TC (tour conductor) credit, which is equal to the value of one fare of whatever category is the most booked out of the 8 staterooms. Note that if you book with a travel agent, they don't have to pass this on. You need to agree on this up front, before booking.

There may also be other perks (OBC, cocktail party, etc.), based on GAP points, but this varies sailing to sailing.

For 8 rooms (double occupancy), Royal gives one TC (tour conductor) credit, which is equal to the value of one fare of whatever category is the most booked out of the 8 staterooms. Note that if you book with a travel agent, they don't have to pass this on. You need to agree on this up front, before booking.

There may also be other perks (OBC, cocktail party, etc.), based on GAP points, but this varies sailing to sailing.

Thanks, Bob!!

On our recent (6/2018) RCI now bases the credit on the average cost of all staterooms (at least that is what the TA told me). I had more balconies than anything 9 of 15 but the insides brought the average down. also had 3 cruisetours in balconies in addition and they counted as nothing. So I only ended up with one your credit. It was better than nothing but considering the cruisetours were $$$ feel like they should have counted as well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

On our recent (6/2018) RCI now bases the credit on the average cost of all staterooms (at least that is what the TA told me). I had more balconies than anything 9 of 15 but the insides brought the average down. also had 3 cruisetours in balconies in addition and they counted as nothing. So I only ended up with one your credit. It was better than nothing but considering the cruisetours were $$$ feel like they should have counted as well.

I appreciate the update, didn't know about the average.

Don’t forget that for the average price it does not include taxes and fees and it also does not include NCCF (Non commisionable cruise fare) which can be $200 - $300 per person.

I don't think that's true, in looking at my group invoice it definitely is averaging the cost of the staterooms and its only subtracting out what the actual commission would be, not the NCCF.

You can also use the Gap points to lower the tour conductor ratio, for example a normal 7 day Caribbean cruise would get 4 gap points which most agencies exchange for a $50 obc per cabin. They could take those 4 points and lower the ratio to 6 cabins for a free berth without the obc.

I don't think that's true, in looking at my group invoice it definitely is averaging the cost of the staterooms and its only subtracting out what the actual commission would be, not the NCCF.

You can also use the Gap points to lower the tour conductor ratio, for example a normal 7 day Caribbean cruise would get 4 gap points which most agencies exchange for a $50 obc per cabin. They could take those 4 points and lower the ratio to 6 cabins for a free berth without the obc.

Good to know. Just set up my first group and it looks like the rep gave me some wrong info? Thanks.