Sapphire – Mexican Riviera – Feb 4th – 11th

Caveman1953

We are going on the Sapphire to the Mexican Riviera on Feb 4th. This will be my first cruse. My wife has been on several, but it has been a while since she was on the Princess line. We have some questions:

Are soft drinks included in the price, or must we purchase a soda card? And if so, what is the price of the card? And what is the price of soft drinks without the card?

I tend more toward fruit juices and sports drinks, particularly cranberry, grape and PowerAde blue. I also like Arizona green tea with honey. Will any of this be available?

If anyone has gone on the 7:30am historical tour in Cobo or the 8am canopy in Puerto Vallarta, how hard was it to make it in time? By what time should we be in line to get off the ship in order to make our connections in time?

We are also interested in any helpful hints that anyone might have.

We are going on the Sapphire to the Mexican Riviera on Feb 4th. This will be my first cruse. My wife has been on several, but it has been a while since she was on the Princess line. We have some questions:

Are soft drinks included in the price, or must we purchase a soda card? And if so, what is the price of the card? And what is the price of soft drinks without the card?

I tend more toward fruit juices and sports drinks, particularly cranberry, grape and PowerAde blue. I also like Arizona green tea with honey. Will any of this be available?

If anyone has gone on the 7:30am historical tour in Cobo or the 8am canopy in Puerto Vallarta, how hard was it to make it in time? By what time should we be in line to get off the ship in order to make our connections in time?

We are also interested in any helpful hints that anyone might have.

We're going on the Sapphire Princess February 4 too!

Please join us on the Roll Call for this cruise.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=217836

Soft drinks are additional. Not sure of the cost of the soda card.

Fruit juice is available in the dining room for no charge but I don't think any of the other drinks you mentioned are. There is a refrigerator in your cabin and, if you want, you can bring your own.

As for your tours, are they Princess tours or did you arrange them with private tour operators. If they are Princess tours do not worry about times as Princess will make sure you get to them. In PV since you have to tender if you have a private tour operator you may not make a 7:30 time. You need to make sure that they will wait for you. When we stopped there in Dec the shp arrived well before 7AM but when the tendering starts varies.

There is a variety of teas but I do not remember any of your brand; bring your own. You can always get hot water either delivered to your room or in the Horizon Court dining area. There are fruit jucies in the morning but not throughout the day. Bring your own brand.

Soda cards are about $4 per day. Do a search on this board for "SODA CARD" and you will find many messages on this subject.

Since you signed up for "Field Trips" through Princess everything will be in your room when you arrive. The vouchers for the trips will be in an envelope on the desk. The vouchers list the time and place to meet for the tour; e.g. Princess Theater, Explorer Lounge, or on the pier, etc. You are given a sticker for you shirt that shows a number and letter and this tells what tour you are on. There are always a lot of Princess staff on hand on the pier to help you get to the right bus or conveyance.

Archived