Inviting guests onboard when in port

Static events

They are much better able to vet staff and their relatives....and they deserve this perk.

Hope OP can find a nice spot to visit with their friends on shore and interest them in cruising with them someday. There are lots of nice pictures and info available online and in brochures

Entertaining them on board is pretty much a non starter.....Many staff have the day off in port, or to do laundry or sleep...not fair to increase the workload for non-paying guests..

I clearly said I would cover the costs.

We were able to have three visitors board a Holland America ship as our guests whilst in port at Palma two years ago. We provided their passport details in advance to HAL and had to go ashore and bring the guests on board with us. We were advised by HAL that such visits were at the discretion of the Captain but would not be allowed on first or last day of cruise.

Last week we were invited on board Crystal Serenity whilst it was in Edinburgh by American friends as their guests.

I have no experience of the possibility of guests on Celebrity.

Good luck!

We were able to have three visitors board a Holland America ship as our guests whilst in port at Palma two years ago. We provided their passport details in advance to HAL and had to go ashore and bring the guests on board with us. We were advised by HAL that such visits were at the discretion of the Captain but would not be allowed on first or last day of cruise.

Last week we were invited on board Crystal Serenity whilst it was in Edinburgh by American friends as their guests.

I have no experience of the possibility of guests on Celebrity.

Good luck!

Anything is possible. :halo:

Princess offers a BVE to friends and family of passengers boarding a ship for a cruise.

I think these guests go through security the same as cruise passengers.

There is a fee for this program which includes a photograph, lunch in the MDR and a glass of wine. Passengers and their guests are free to walk around the ship on a self- tour.The guests must leave the ship by 3:00.

I think the BVE is limited to a certain amount of guests and is available from ports of embarkation.

The program may also be offered to people not connected to passengers who live near the port and want to see what a certain ship offers.

The BVE is not offered for boarding during stays at the ports of the cruise itinerary.

As to the OP- an answer of no,not allowed is the answer.

If not satisfied by answers on this thread, call Celebrity so the answer of no, not allowed is official.

In reference to your post, Orator, I read a post on the first page of this thread by SimonaD. I wanted to clarify what that person wrote about Princess having non- passenger guests onboard their ships.

Perhaps I should have quoted that post in my post.

If you did not appreciate what I wrote,you did not need to read it or comment on it.

Have a good evening!:)

In reference to your post, Orator, I read a post on the first page of this thread by SimonaD. I wanted to clarify what that person wrote about Princess having non- passenger guests onboard their ships.

Perhaps I should have quoted that post in my post.

If you did not appreciate what I wrote,you did not need to read it or comment on it.

Have a good evening!:)

:):):)!!