Sapphire Princess Jan 5-19. What terminal is used in Hong Kong

mishfromva

I'm booked on the Sapphire Princess starting from Shanghai 1/5/19 and ending in Singapore on 1/19/19.

I'm curious what terminal will be used on 1/11/19 in Hong Kong. Not sure the terminals change from cruise to cruise or if it's a constant with this ship and cruise line.

Trying to plan an excursion. How far by taxi are the other terminal options (like Kai Tak) if I mess up the meeting point?

Thanks in advance! -Michelle

Edited by mishfromva

I'm booked on the Sapphire Princess starting from Shanghai 1/5/19 and ending in Singapore on 1/19/19.

I'm curious what terminal will be used on 1/11/19 in Hong Kong. Not sure the terminals change from cruise to cruise or if it's a constant with this ship and cruise line.

Trying to plan an excursion. How far by taxi are the other terminal options (like Kai Tak) if I mess up the meeting point?

Thanks in advance! -Michelle

You can expect to be at the Kai Tak terminal, the old Kai Tak airport. Only smaller cruise ships are able to use the Ocean terminal. The two terminals are a very long taxi ride apart. There are two free shuttles at the Kai Tak terminal that take you to a mall, both of which are next to a metro station. That is the least expensive way to get around Hong Kong.

It's not that 'only small ships' can use the older Ocean Terminal. It will accommodate larger ships, as we docked there on the inaugural cruise of Star Princess in 2002. But it is generally reserved for Star Cruises ships. EM

It's not that 'only small ships' can use the older Ocean Terminal. It will accommodate larger ships, as we docked there on the inaugural cruise of Star Princess in 2002. But it is generally reserved for Star Cruises ships. EM

Of course you used the Ocean Terminal in 2002. The Kai Tak Terminal was not completed until 2013.

Of course you used the Ocean Terminal in 2002. The Kai Tak Terminal was not completed until 2013.

And if there was no space at Ocean Terminal, ships docked at a cargo terminal nearby. But the point I was making is that Grand Class ships are not too big to dock there. EM