Alaska Cruise Hot Tubs

jjgreg113

Someone told me that you can get a cabin with a hottub on your balcony? Does anyone know which ships have them. Thanks so much. We are going on our honeymoon in Sept and would like to have the hottub on the balcony.

Thanks in advance.

The Norwegian Dawn has a hot tub on the balcony in the Garden Villa Suite. You can find basic pricing on the NCL website.

There may be other suites on other ships that also have this feature, but you will either have to ask a travel agent, or do some browsing on the various cruise line websites.

Happy Honeymoon, and Happy Life!

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=800080&cdt=2005;4;4;17;0;00&timezone=GMT-0800

Hawaii - On the Island

Those Villa suite sell from low of 17,000 pp. but they are awesome cabins. (saw one on the crown when we took a tour)

Going NOWHERE

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=000080&cdt=2004;10;22;16;00;00&timezone=GMT-0500

Miracle, February 13, 2005

Legend, October 22,2004

Voyager August 31,2003

Victory September 22,2002

Regal Empress,June 2001

Sensation,August 2000

I saw the "bargain" price of 10,000 pp for Sept 19th! I'll bet they are wonderful, and I'll bet that I'll never see one!! icon_smile.gif Everyone's priorities are different at different times, though, and it might be just right for the honeymooners.

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=800080&cdt=2005;4;4;17;0;00&timezone=GMT-0800

Hawaii - On the Island

Some of the Celebrity ships have suites with hot tubs on their verandas. I know Infinity and Summit have them with the Royal and Penthouse Suites. Not sure about any others nor can I quoate you a specific price but I think that your looking at $10,000 to $12,000 for the week. Check you TA or go to the Celebrity web site. Have a great trip

• 1 month later...

Hi - I just couldn't pass this by without sharing a problem related to hot tubs. Perhaps you are already familiar with the common problems associated with upkeep of the tubs and what can result if not cared for properly.

Recently I was in a spanking new hot tub, and developed (2 days later) 'hot tub folliculitis.' It's a bacteria that is in polluted waters that creates a skin rash that looks like hives. Usually it appears under the areas covered by your bathing suit. It goes away with time but I took antibiotics to assure me of a quicker ending. It was not pleasant. I understand that 60% of public hot tubs have problems of this nature because they are not chlorinated properly and regularly.

You can certainly enjoy hot tubs, but frankly, on a cruise with a few thousand passengers requiring lots of attention, a hot tub could easily be overlooked. I am much more cautious these days.

More about the maintenance of hot tubs. My friend was going to a Mexico resort and wanted to make use of the villa's hot tub but had heard a lot of horror stories. I'm sure the Hotel's staff would have objected had they known, but he took one of his pool's cholorine tablets from home with him in a ziploc baggy. He threw the tablet into the hottub when he arrived to his room. It is a slow releasing chorine. He said he had no problems and would always do the same in the future. I'm not suggesting this, just relating what he did.

serious question... you say that "hot tub folliculitis" forms under your bathing suit... so do you get it if you are not wearing a bathing suit?

i'm serious about this... i mean if you have a hot tub on your private balcony you don't have to wear a bathing suit...

is it something to do with the interaction of bacteria, skin and clothing?

http://community.webshots.com/user/sgtmonz

It has a tendency to form under the covered areas where the material has held the contaminated water in contact with the skin for a longer period of time; but I had a rash on my back and arm as well...so if you aren't covered at all, the bacteria can still cause some problems.

We booked our Royal Suite on Celebrity for a total of $5342, hot tub, butler, the works thru AAA. It is our 1 year anniversary so I wanted to do something special after the first years survival :D ! That rate was for the Sept 10th 2004 sailing Inside passage Alaska.

Thanks for the tips on the hot tub!!!

NCL Sun has hot tubs on the balconies of the Owners Suites. I got a great offer for about $2100/pp for a 7-night Alaska cruise in May 05. Ended up booking Celebrity for other reasons, but man, that hot tub on the deck was a neat idea. :)

Archived