Mariner question

All RCI ships use onboard Seapass cards but some ships that use RFID technology have an optional RFID bracelet that can be purchased for around $5 I believe. The bracelets can't be used to get off the ship at port stops nor at disembarkation.

Mariner is not a RFID ship.

All RCI ships use onboard Seapass cards but some ships that use RFID technology have an optional RFID bracelet that can be purchased for around $5 I believe. The bracelets can't be used to get off the ship at port stops nor at disembarkation.

Mariner is not a RFID ship.

Totally crashing your posting to ask about your experience on anthem in the room 10562. Someone mentioned that it smelled like smoke cause smoke stop is down below on starboard. True? Thanks

Totally crashing your posting to ask about your experience on anthem in the room 10562. Someone mentioned that it smelled like smoke cause smoke stop is down below on starboard. True? Thanks

I can see that. Ever since they started eliminating the indoor cigar/smoker lounges, which had the high-tec smoke ventilation systems, the amount of people smoking on the deck has increased exponentially. Because it is not in a contained and sealed area like the lounges were, it drinks from the top deck down into rooms at times.

I can see that. Ever since they started eliminating the indoor cigar/smoker lounges, which had the high-tec smoke ventilation systems, the amount of people smoking on the deck has increased exponentially. Because it is not in a contained and sealed area like the lounges were, it drinks from the top deck down into rooms at times.

Would you say staying portside is better option to avoid that since it all seems to be on starboard on anthem?

Would you say staying portside is better option to avoid that since it all seems to be on starboard on anthem?

I believe portside (left when looking forward) is where the smoking section is, so I would get a room on the starboard side.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

We had no problem with cigarette smoke as the deck 5 smoking enclosure although below and on the same side, starboard, was way aft of our balcony and the pool deck 14 smokers area was on the other side, port, of this cabin and four decks above..

We also had starboard balcony cabin 10706 on another Anthem cruise and it was not a problem there either as the deck 5 smoker's hut was far below, 5 decks, even though our balcony was aft of it.

IMO cigarette smoke would be more of a problem for deck 6 balconies just above and just aft of the smokers' hut on starboard deck 5.

Edited by robtulipe

We were in 11560 a few weeks ago & never smelled any smoke