Ocean Blue Question

Dejlig Ko

Especially for anyone on the Bliss recently. I understand with the speciality dining package, that Ocean Blue is limited to one app, one main, one side and one dessert with some saying they have been allowed multiple apps. What about the oysters section? would that be considered an app? Any experiences?

Especially for anyone on the Bliss recently. I understand with the speciality dining package, that Ocean Blue is limited to one app, one main, one side and one dessert with some saying they have been allowed multiple apps. What about the oysters section? would that be considered an app? Any experiences?

Don’t have an answer but also wondering. Debating purchasing a sdp and with the upcharge it seems we might do better just paying oop. In looking at the menu it’s confusing how to use a sdp credit plus the $16 upcharge to get one main, one app and one dessert and come out ahead. Perhaps worth it if the sdp was a perk and just the 20% gratuity but from what I’m seeing it looks a lot less $ to pay a la carte prices unless I’m missing something.

There is nothing in the terms and conditions of the SDP that limit you to 1-1-1. We always order what we want (within reason) and have never paid a penny.

Specific to the Bliss, again ignoring limitations that the waiters may state, we each ordered 2 apps, 1 entree, and 1 dessert. Here's the menu from Ocean Blue https://boards.cruisecritic.com/showpost.php?p=56223815&postcount=110. Here's the food we ate https://boards.cruisecritic.com/showpost.php?p=56223825&postcount=111. The link to the main thread has menus from all Bliss restaurants and some select food pics.

On Escape recently (not Bliss) voicemail confirming our OB reservation reminded us that it was 1 app, 1 entree, 1 dessert per person. We didn't challenge it but I was a bit annoyed considering the large upcharge (and that's not what NCL says on their page).

Don’t have an answer but also wondering. Debating purchasing a sdp and with the upcharge it seems we might do better just paying oop. In looking at the menu it’s confusing how to use a sdp credit plus the $16 upcharge to get one main, one app and one dessert and come out ahead. Perhaps worth it if the sdp was a perk and just the 20% gratuity but from what I’m seeing it looks a lot less $ to pay a la carte prices unless I’m missing something.

I've been pondering this too. They charged me the up charge just when booking the reservation. but I've also heard that if you pick the 3 SDP or buy a 3 SDP and you go to 4 Speciality restaurants that you get you decide which restaurants to use on the package.

We have the 3 SDP package for our Getaway cruise and I wanted to do Ocean Blue, but after looking at the options and menus and the upcharge we reserved Moderno 1x and Cagneys 2x for the SDP and made reservations for Ocean Blue to pay a la carte. The items I want from there are not worth the upcharge on the package and I am better off paying for them a la carte and using my SDP elsewhere. When I made my reservations I made this one last so they didn't charge me the upcharge upon reservation.