Quality of busses used for AMA and Emerald on Douro itinerary?

cazbg

We are in final stages of researching Douro cruise for next summer and are aware there will be fair amount of bussing. Can anyone speak to the quality of the busses used by AMA and Emerald? We assume they will be nice with AC and outlets for charging but you know what they say about assuming! (Viking states more about their busses so I thought I would ask about AMA and Emerald since those are the 2 we are looking at for 2019). Many thanks!

We are in final stages of researching Douro cruise for next summer and are aware there will be fair amount of bussing. Can anyone speak to the quality of the busses used by AMA and Emerald? We assume they will be nice with AC and outlets for charging but you know what they say about assuming! (Viking states more about their busses so I thought I would ask about AMA and Emerald since those are the 2 we are looking at for 2019). Many thanks!

Until someone with experience responds, I would say that AC yes, outlets for charging unlikely.

Until someone with experience responds, I would say that AC yes, outlets for charging unlikely.

All of the cruise lines will use the local bus companies and the ones we have been on were very comfortable - nice! Like another person said - A/C but not sure about charging stations. There were even toilets on some (not that anyone used them), plenty of rest stops on each excursion.

Cole

In Portugal, at least, Scenic/Emerald have their own fleet of buses. They are quite comfortable and certainly air-conditioned but I can’t recall whether or not they have charging outlets. They are comparable to most European long distance tourist buses.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums