ALCOHOL BOTTLES DELIVERED TO ROOM?

VANDERSO4

I see you can pre order bottles of alcohol to have in cabin but can you have a bottle delivered during trip?
Are the rooms near elevators loud on the dolphin deck?

[img]http://escati.linkopp.net/cgi-bin/countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=0000ff&cdt=2005;1;16;16;00;00&timezone=GMT-0500[/img]
HAPPY 40TH BIRTHDAY !!!!!

I have never heard of a cruise ship allowing whole bottles of alcohol to be delivered to your cabin for consumption. Most cruise lines get a good majority of their money from people ordering alcoholic beverages while on board. We have bought bottles of wine and rum from the gift shop while on board because of the great prices. But it is not delivered to your cabin until the end of the cruise.

The cruise lines would not make much money if people had their own alcohol. But many people get by this rule by putting vodka in water bottles and wine in juice bottles. I know this because I have seen people pooring something from a water bottle into their cokes, and I don't think it's water. Personally I prefer the drinks with the pretty little umbrellas. But to each his own.Hope this helps.

We are traveling on HAL in July and we have preordered a bottle of vodka (we like a martini on the veranda prior to dinner) they also included 3 bottles (sm) of tonic water. I believe on HAL you can only pre order the alcohol for delivery prior to the cruise. I guess it depends on who you are traveling with.

Days are always longer when at sea...

Both Princess and HAL allow you to purchase bottles on board for on board consumption. On Princess you can ask room service to deliver it or you can go to the lobby bar and purchase it. We just did this last month so I know it is done. It's been a while since I was on HAL but they used to allow you to purchase a bottle from the duty free shop and pay a markup to be able to take possession of it and drink it during the cruise.

1952 - Excalibur (freighter)
1972 - Song of Norway, Caribbean
1980 - Hawaii American Curise line, Tahiti
09/01/2002 - Veendam, Alaska
05/29/2003 - Pacific Princess, Alaska
11/26/2003 - Star Princess, Australia/New Zealand

5/28/2004 - Star Princess, Venice to Barcelona
[img]http://escati.linkopp.net/cgi-bin/countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=ff00ff&cdt=2004;05;28;21;0;00&timezone=GMT+0100[/img]

11/06/2004 - Diamond Princess, Mexican Riviera
[img]http://escati.linkopp.net/cgi-bin/countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=00ff00&cdt=2004;11;06;17;0;00&timezone=GMT-0800[/img]

• 1 month later...
Royal Caribbean will also allow you to purchase in the duty free and take it to your room. It still ends up being less expensive than the liquor store and certainly less than buying the drinks aboard.
We still buy a lot of drinks around the ship, you can't beat the ambience of a bellini at the champagne bar or a Chi-Chi poolside, but my husband likes a sip of scotch at night on the balcony, and then it's more convenient.
The additional fee for taking the bottle to your room from the duty-free was $9.00

The first thing I did when I got onboard the Grand Princess last year was order a liter of Absolute from room service for $20....one of the few bargains aboard in my opinion. I can't buy it at home for that price.

Now you've done it....I have to go fix a Absolute rocks! :D

• 1 month later...

Archived