Formal night on 5 night to Canada/New England

lauren0309

Just wondering which night is formal night on 5 night to Canada? I would think the first sea day?:confused::confused::confused::confused::confused:

sorry for all the confused faces. Dont know why so many appeared. I'm not that confused. LOL.

Edited by lauren0309

on a similar topic of formal nights and canada/new england cruises. i am on the regal 7 day cruise. there is only sea day at the end of the cruise.

my travel documents says 2 formal nights. Will a formal night be on a port day?

on a similar topic of formal nights and canada/new england cruises. i am on the regal 7 day cruise. there is only sea day at the end of the cruise.

my travel documents says 2 formal nights. Will a formal night be on a port day?

Yes, when there aren't enough qualifying sea days, formal nights will be on port days with early departures. The sea day on the Regal 7-day Canada/New England cruises is the last night so it won't be formal (bags should be out before going to dinner).

You didn't say which date and that is relevant as the port time at St. John varies from cruise to cruise due to tides in the Bay of Fundy (and sometimes, that pushes Halifax later as well due to transit time between them). Looking at the cruise schedules, the first formal night will be night 2 at Newport with it's 5:00pm departure (about as early as they are on that cruise). My guess is the second one will be the day it's in St. John as on all of this year's cruises except 10/20, it departs before 5:00pm. But the 10/20 cruise has it leaving St. John at 10:15pm and all the other port departures after Newport are 7:00pm or later. So there really is no good choice for the 2nd formal night on the 10/20 cruise and my guess is will be on the St. John day anyway (unless for that cruise only, they just have one).