Epic Haven Aft and Vibration

teeredi2cruise

Our friends are currently booked in the H6 Haven Aft Suite on Deck 11 (11321) for the Mediterranean and are concerned about both motion and ship vibrations.

Both are sensitive to vertigo and want to assess whether they should consider a different cabin and location. The challenge is that pretty much anything in the Haven is either Forward or Aft so the question really applies to both areas.

They are sailing in September.

What were your experiences?

We were in that room. There was some vibration when underway, more when pulling into port. I didn’t find it bad, but I don’t have vertigo.

Thanks for the reply FLcruisergrl. Do you remember other than the vibrations, was there much rocking/motion while traveling at sea?

Thanks for the reply FLcruisergrl. Do you remember other than the vibrations, was there much rocking/motion while traveling at sea?

Yes, there was some. I’m not prone to motion sickness, so I was okay. But the motion was strange-not up and down or side to side exclusively, more like all of those motions at once!

Hi

I am prone to sea sickness and experience in any part of the ship.

The aft part of the boat is a side to side motion in the room and foreword is more up and down. I prefer forward located rooms for myself.

That said we have stayed in two aft rooms and loved them (you deal feel more, IMHO). I usually take one meclizine at bedtime and a half tablet around the mid afternoon time and I have never had problems since our first cruising.

Hope that helps.

Our friends are currently booked in the H6 Haven Aft Suite on Deck 11 (11321) for the Mediterranean and are concerned about both motion and ship vibrations.

Both are sensitive to vertigo and want to assess whether they should consider a different cabin and location. The challenge is that pretty much anything in the Haven is either Forward or Aft so the question really applies to both areas.

They are sailing in September.

What were your experiences?

We stayed in an aft-facing Haven penthouse on the Epic a couple of years and were mildly shaken awake when entering most ports in the morning by some kind of thruster or azipod doing its thing. We never have experienced anything like that in the back, the front, or middle of any other ship. It wasn't annoying but definitely noticeable. Not ever a problem when underway though.

Hi

I am prone to sea sickness and experience in any part of the ship.

The aft part of the boat is a side to side motion in the room and foreword is more up and down. I prefer forward located rooms for myself.

That said we have stayed in two aft rooms and loved them (you deal feel more, IMHO). I usually take one meclizine at bedtime and a half tablet around the mid afternoon time and I have never had problems since our first cruising.

Hope that helps.

Thanks for your feedback. This is helpful.

We stayed in an aft-facing Haven penthouse on the Epic a couple of years and were mildly shaken awake when entering most ports in the morning by some kind of thruster or azipod doing its thing. We never have experienced anything like that in the back, the front, or middle of any other ship. It wasn't annoying but definitely noticeable. Not ever a problem when underway though.

I appreciate this perspective. We have sailed in the forward and only noticed vibrations when leaving and departing. Once we knew about it, it was okay and only when we were obviously in the cabin. My aft experience has only been on the Getaway and no issues, so I am hopeful that the temporary vibration will not be bothersome with prior knowledge.

Thanks again...

Since the Epic does not have azipods (still uses propellers), it was the two stern thrusters or vibrations from the propellers reversing to slow the ship.