when can you book MTD?

anricat

We are booked on Mariner for next June for our first cruise on RCI. We've been on 5 cruises with Disney so this is all a little different than what we're used to. We're currently wait listed for early dining, which seems odd given how far out we've booked. But I'm wondering if we should switch to My Time Dining instead? How far in advance can you book? I'm just wondering if we're more apt to get a time that works better for us than waiting on hopefully getting the wait list early dining thing to work out.

There is no set time for reservations to open, it varies widely.

Wow, that seems odd. So there's literally no rhyme or reason at all? Like it could be a year out or could be a month out? Is there any time frame that's more the norm than others?

I have very limited experience, but have only ever had My Time Dining and never had a problem getting a reservation for whatever time I wanted while I was on board. Never made them in advance.

Same here, honestly for us, what we love about MTD is eating when we feel like it. Unless we are with a large party, we never make reservations and just go eat when we feel like it. We never wait more than 5-10 minutes and always get a 2 top. I plan dinner around whatever shows, etc. we want to do each night.

Have done MTD since it was first introduced and will never go back to Traditional. Love having 1.5 hour dinners instead of 2-3 hour dinners.

We are booked on Mariner for next June for our first cruise on RCI. We've been on 5 cruises with Disney so this is all a little different than what we're used to. We're currently wait listed for early dining, which seems odd given how far out we've booked. But I'm wondering if we should switch to My Time Dining instead? How far in advance can you book? I'm just wondering if we're more apt to get a time that works better for us than waiting on hopefully getting the wait list early dining thing to work out.
We are sailing on Mariner next June, 2019, and already made our My Time Dining reservations in July in the cruise planner.

Wow, that seems odd. So there's literally no rhyme or reason at all? Like it could be a year out or could be a month out? Is there any time frame that's more the norm than others?

Not really.