Imagination vs Inspiration

tt_moore

For the 4 day it won't matter much as they are both mainly weekdays (although I favor Inspiration because it's ALL weekdays). The only one to watch out for is the 3-day. Those are more of the booze cruises that people are referring to. The weekend harder partying types can be more prevalent on some of those. I would also avoid the Super Bowl or any big sporting event (search google for "most rachet cruise ever" to see why) as there can be a rowdier crowd for those events. I think you'll like either ship, either way. Great layout (everything is close/convenient) on the Fantasy class ships. Enjoy your trip!

23 hours ago, cruisingguy007 said:

The only one to watch out for is the 3-day. Those are more of the booze cruises that people are referring to.

I have done both the 3 and 4 day cruises.  The 3 day ones attract a number of bachelorette party groups (moreso than bachelor) and the ladies love their drinks!  

Outstanding people watching opportunities.  

The 4 day is more laid back.

I've been on both ships many times. They both have friendly crews.

I prefer the Imagination's decor and I love the Epic Rock show on her. If you like 70's rock, you will love it. It's my favorite show on the sea.

You can't go wrong with either ship.

Also, the 4 day cruises have always had less crazy drinking then the 3 day. At least when I've gone. There are many Bachelor/bachlorette parties on the 3 dayer.

Edited by Sillyjilly

I've been on both ships, 4-day cruise both times.  I can honestly say they're basically the same, other than the decor theme: Imagination's theme is history, and Inspiration's theme is creativity.  (For example, the Alchemy Bar had mermaid statues, with certain body parts showing.)  While Imagination once sailed out of Miami, today, it does everything Inspiration does.  Your only deciding factor is if you want to sail out on a Sunday or a Monday.

Edited by LandlockedCruiser01

I've been on both, 2 times each. I can't really tell a difference. We did the 4 day cruises on the Inspiration and the 3 days cruises on the Imagination. It really came down to what dates we needed to have and nothing more. We went as a family of 4 on the 4-day cruises and as a group of couples with no kids on the 3-day cruises. From experience I can tell you that the "booze cruisers" and the "family cruisers" operate at completely different times and rarely cause problems for one another. Have fun and I recommend Garibaldi's for lunch and Ensenada Vinos for wine tasting while in Ensenada! 🙂