Price Hike at Final Cruise Itemization

I am looking at a RC cruise for May 2019. The quoted price is 1500.00 for a balcony per person. There are 3 of us. One would be 50% off. At the final itemization, the first person goes up to 2500.00, the 2nd is 50% off of the 2500.00 and then our son is around 800.00

I was not the greatest math student, but I do know basic math. Who can explain this to me? If the price is 2500.00, then be up front about this price. I don't get this playing with numbers.

I am looking at a RC cruise for May 2019. The quoted price is 1500.00 for a balcony per person. There are 3 of us. One would be 50% off. At the final itemization, the first person goes up to 2500.00, the 2nd is 50% off of the 2500.00 and then our son is around 800.00

I was not the greatest math student, but I do know basic math. Who can explain this to me? If the price is 2500.00, then be up front about this price. I don't get this playing with numbers.

That quoted price of $1500 is the average price per person after they have discounted the fake base price.

That quoted price of $1500 is the average price per person after they have discounted the fake base price.

"fake base price" Exactly. That is my point. Be up front and be honest. I don't like lying or playing manipulation games.

Add all that up and it's about $4500, $1500 pp

If my photo attaches you can see right below the price it clearly says Avg per person. Some call it games many many things in life are advertised this way. If you decide to take the cruise there will be LOTS more small print to read unless you want to be disappointed many more times.

IMG_4040.jpg.cf7de5774c0712f30af62d83346fc191.jpg

I don't see where the complaint is; they didn't tell you a fake price. They told you a per-person price and stated "avg per person" right underneath (and until you went into a particular sailing/booking for more info, that's even identified as a per-person-double-occupancy price, too). You picked "3" during the booking, and till that point there was no promotion or advertising about what 3rd/4th/5th/etc pricing would be at all..

Personally I do hate how they promote pricing with a statement and then average pricing out everywhere so that the statement isn't quite what you think it means when you see the price. But then, I hate that I can't make the site display single-person pricing right up front, or even have it provide accurate pricing based on my Crown & Anchor level up front. I'm left clicking into every booking to find anything accurate.

But if you are going to complain, you might try to say what you're complaining about (i.e., why you expected to see something different than what you stated), like what is the misleading thing you're complaining about.