Carnival Glory 1A Obstructed Balcony?

dorika

I have just booked a 7-day cruise on the Glory departing Dec 18th and was assigned room 2207 on the Main deck towards the front of the ship by my TA. On the deck plan, it shows the room with a triangle icon that states "Balcony stateroom with obstructed views." When I called Carnival, they said that this room had no window or balcony??!! Is anyone out there familiar with this group of rooms on the Main deck (2202, 2206, 2201, 2207)... Do they have any windows or special feature above and beyond a plain old 1A room?

Thanks-- from a student couple on a budget!

WOW. why would you book a cabin in a 1a?

Book a 1A as a quarantee that way the chances of getting upgraded are there.

Most 1a's are an inside room with no windows. maybe a porthole that doesnt open. There are no reg windows in a 1a and definitly no balconies. Some 1A's only have the bunk beds.

Cant understand why a travel agent will book you a set cabin in a cat 1A- in an off week where your chances of getting upgrades are there. Who did you book with?

http://www.cruisestateroom.com/Carnival/glory.htm

if you want an inside cabin go for a cat 1A gauaranttee. Oceanview cabins are Cat 6 Balconies are 8

the letters after the number states which deck you are on. If you have motion sickness the lower you are the better...also stay middle ship.

Going NOWHERE

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=000080&cdt=2004;10;22;16;00;00&timezone=GMT-0500

Miracle, February 13, 2005

Legend, October 22,2004

Voyager August 31,2003

Victory September 22,2002

Regal Empress,June 2001

Sensation,August 2000

Thanks so much for your suggestions!

I responded on the Carnival board to this too, but the short story is that I dumped my TA and booked on-line with *****.com for an inside guarantee. My TA was so useless and did not even give me this option when I tried to suggest to her that we wanted one bed to sleep on as a couple! I think she saw "student couple" and did not bother with options. This makes me so angry, especially since I am almost finished my PhD and will soon be in the income bracket to cruise in grand style!

Oh well, thanks again, all the info on these boards is amazing!

Im so happy to hear you switched. I think that TA you had would have given you a hard time when it came to the end. Now watch your price and if it comes down==you want a refund from your NEW agent.

Yes, these boards are amazing. I been here for 4 years and I still learn.

PS; the beds in the cabins are two beds that are pushed together. If you get to your cabin and they are not together you can ask your cabin steward to do that. If you dont see him leave a note on the bed.

Living on Earth is expensive,

but it does include a free trip around the sun every year.

Going NOWHERE

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=000080&cdt=2004;10;22;16;00;00&timezone=GMT-0500

Miracle, February 13, 2005

Legend, October 22,2004

Voyager August 31,2003

Victory September 22,2002

Regal Empress,June 2001

Sensation,August 2000

• 3 weeks later...

Cat 1A's on Carnival either have bunk beds or a one bed with a sofa that converts to a bed. They do not push together! If you want a bed that sleeps two, you need to book at least a cat 4A or above. These beds are twins that push together. :)

There are some the Cat 1As that do have porthole windows. I have one had of these cabins. You'll find them all the way forward on the deck. But the bed configuration is one twin bed and one convertable sofa.

Archived