VIFP Red-Gold

Purplesky723

If you turn a new level at any point during the cruise booked then you get the card of the new level. But at 24 you'll still be red.

last week I sailed and was at 24 / red before this 8 day and as if would turn gold this sailing by adding the 8 day I received the gold status and card when I boarded.

in your case you're red now and will still be red even after this sailing. Next sailing you'll get your gold card.

Yes. No updates until after the sail ends.

No you receive the status of what you are including the current sailing. I was at 24 red when I boarded last week for an 8 day and thus I boarded at gold since I would be go of after that sailing.

Carnival counts the days of the cruise you board and gives you those days when you board.

No you receive the status of what you are including the current sailing. I was at 24 red when I boarded last week for an 8 day and thus I boarded at gold since I would be go of after that sailing.

Carnival counts the days of the cruise you board and gives you those days when you board.

Turns out you're both kind of correct. Here's the actual wording (emphasis added):

...in the event a Member books a Cruise in which such Member will attain the necessary VIFP Points to reach a new Level during or by the end of such Cruise (a “Crossover Cruise”), CCL may, in its sole discretion, offer such Member the Benefits offered to Members of the higher Level during the Crossover Cruise.

https://www.carnival.com/vifp/terms-and-conditions.aspx

Book a 7 day and you will board gold[emoji1]

My name is IntrepidFromDC and I agree with this message.

I turn platinum on my 8/28 Horizon sailing, and I turned gold in the middle of a sailing a few years back and it was nice to have the water in the room and the other gold perks.

Now I get free wash and fold, I can't wait to see my whites turn grey!!! :D

Turns out you're both kind of correct. Here's the actual wording (emphasis added):

https://www.carnival.com/vifp/terms-and-conditions.aspx

I've never heard of them not giving the next level to anyone if they turn during their cruise. That wording was probably put there in case they ever wanted to change their minds.

Yes, but the OP will only have 24 days when this cruise is completed. They need 25 to reach gold. They will receive that on their next cruise.

My name is IntrepidFromDC and I agree with this message.

I turn platinum on my 8/28 Horizon sailing, and I turned gold in the middle of a sailing a few years back and it was nice to have the water in the room and the other gold perks.

Now I get free wash and fold, I can't wait to see my whites turn grey!!! :D

What are the other Gold perks?

Members-only offers

Member e-newsletter

Complimentary 1 liter bottle of water (delivered to stateroom on all sailings)

Appreciation drink on 5+ day cruises (on the last evening of the cruise after 5pm)

Gold VIFP pin on every sailing