Your expertise please...

GaryNFla

I booked Connie for Jan 28th.. I went the budget plan and booked inside guarantee. I was assigned cabin 2135 the next day..It is a inside next to the srairwell and across from the elevators. I am a very light sleeper and hope I have not made a mistake. With all this in consideration would you upgrade to a ocean view which is all that is left on this cruise. The ocean view is almost double what we were able to book the inside guarantee for. As always and and imput is welcomed.

Happy Sailing,

Gary

We had a cabin that directly faced the elevator lobby when we sailed on Galaxy. With our cabin door closed, any people noise or elevator chime noise could not be heard inside our cabin. We personally would not hesitate to have a cabin near an elevator again in the future. The only disadvantage we found was that you are more likely to have someone looking into your cabin every time you open the door--slight loss of visual privacy, not a big deal.

BTW we were just back from a visit to Asheville last week. An annual pilgrimage we make (to the Weaverville-Woodfin area actually) to visit my in-laws.....

Hi Gary, I have had inside cabins in the same location and have

never had a problem with any type of noise or any disturbances

for that matter.

It wasn't on Constellation but from my experience you shouldn't

have a problem.

Enjoy your cruise:)

Mahdnc, I was in Weaverville yesterday looking at a couple of tracts of land that are for sale..Now that Hwy 26 is finished I think that area wil really boom.

I just moved here in May and we both love it here.

Lois, thanks for the encouragement.. I think we'll keep our location and with the money we saved we'll do a bit of shopping for the cruise.

Thanks to both of you..

Happy Sailing,

Gary

gary: i also have had cabins near the elevator but remember you are on deck2 and thats a very quiet floor to begin with so you should have no problems.

keep your cabin and buy some bling bling :)

*sweet*

Oh I would love some new sparklies..

I booked Connie for Jan 28th.. I went the budget plan and booked inside guarantee. I was assigned cabin 2135 the next day..It is a inside next to the srairwell and across from the elevators. I am a very light sleeper and hope I have not made a mistake. With all this in consideration would you upgrade to a ocean view which is all that is left on this cruise. The ocean view is almost double what we were able to book the inside guarantee for. As always and and imput is welcomed.

Happy Sailing,

Gary

Being near elevator is usually not a problem in and of itself however, when I was on the Connie, people got off the boat at every stop thru the gangway that is located midship.

A quick look at your deck plan ( http://www.celebritycruiseweb.com/deckplans/constellation_continental.html)

will show that your cabin isn't too far from there therefore, you may get some noise early in the morning (8 - 9 am) as the ship clears at the various ports, and the mad rush to get off the ship ensues. I looks to me like you will at least hear the faint "dings" that come from the security system machines as they scan each passenger off the ship. Also, you will certainly hear some buzz from the crowd upon re-embarkation as people line up to use the elevators.

That being said.......to be fair........it should be quiet while the ship is underway........but personally, if I were you, I'd ask for a different cabin.

I would move to another room in a heartbeat but I doubt Celebrity would move me. We booked cat Z inside.. The only other option at this point would be to upgrade to the same cabin on a different deck.It looks like that would cost over 1000.00 more. I would not do that. As far as morning noise between 8-9 that would not bother either of us..We are usually up by 7

anyway

I really appreciate everyones imput about this and look forward to any other imput you may offer.

Jan 28 (sail date) seems so far away.. :)

Happy Sailing,

Gary

I would move to another room in a heartbeat but I doubt Celebrity would move me. We booked cat Z inside.. The only other option at this point would be to upgrade to the same cabin on a different deck.It looks like that would cost over 1000.00 more. I would not do that. As far as morning noise between 8-9 that would not bother either of us..We are usually up by 7

anyway

I really appreciate everyones imput about this and look forward to any other imput you may offer.

Happy Sailing,

Gary

Sounds like you are ready for a good time no matter what. Enjoy your trip.

anyway

Happy Sailing,

Gary

If I am paying $ 1000.00 for a window, I going to install it in my home.

Happy Sailing Gary. We leave on the 23rd, its not so far away.

Have a wonderful cruise.

We have sailed on Constellation four times in inside, oceanview and balcony cabins. Last sailing to Canada/New England we also had an inside guarantee. The room on the second floor was quiet. The rooms (oceanview,inside and balcony) are the same size! Enjoy and have a great time.

Susan

Archived