1A rooms on the Holiday

airlink diva

I'm looking at a five day cruise from Mobile in late April. Since I'm going solo and really don't stay in my room too much, the best pricing is on the 1A (inside) room. I know that the room have bunk beds. But can I get some more info. I want to know the following:

1. Is the bottom bunk bed comfy?

2. Is the space good for a solo person?

3. Is the location reasonable (noise wise?)

Please send info to help me! Thanks!

I stayed in a 1A on my first cruise which was on the Holiday. I was cruising solo, and like you, didn't want to spring for any more $$ than I had to. I found the 1A to be perfectly fine with plenty of space for one person. The bunk beds fold out of the wall, so since I was alone the upper bunk was never folded down, which made the lower bunk not seem like a bunk bed. As I recall, it was comfortable to sleep in. (Although I admit I didn't sleep much on that cruise. :D)

My cabin was only a few cabins from the front of the ship but I didn't notice any noise or excessive rocking. And, I had a port hole which was a little bonus. I remember when I came back to my cabin, watching out the porthole as we docked in New Orleans that last morning. (Like I said, I didn't sleep much!)

Have a great time!

http://community.webshots.com/photo/56522817/85126966txvrhe

here is a photo of a 1A.. its not onthe holiday but it can give you an idea. The curtain just hides a wall-- gives it a feeling that there is a window there.

On the Holiday-- seems that most 1As are located on the inside. Few are with port holes. there are 4 oceanviews across the aft on the upper deck. they have little round windows.

Taking a guarantee 1A can place you in any one of those cabins.. plus you have a chance of being upgraded to a 4a.

quote=airlink diva]I'm looking at a five day cruise from Mobile in late April. Since I'm going solo and really don't stay in my room too much, the best pricing is on the 1A (inside) room. I know that the room have bunk beds. But can I get some more info. I want to know the following:

Solo cruiser here, too. I book one of the porthole cabins on the Holiday.

1. Is the bottom bunk bed comfy?

Very comfy with Carnival's new bedding. I sleep like a baby. The bed is more like a 3/4 size than a bunk size, and the top bed will stay in the wall so you won't even know it's there.

2. Is the space good for a solo person?

There is plenty of space and then some. I love having all that space to myself. I've never felt crowded at all.

3. Is the location reasonable (noise wise?)

Well, unless you book a specific cabin, you won't know your location until just prior to boarding the ship.

Sounds like you will like the arrangement, and I hope you like the Holiday as much as I do.:)

My favorite 1A cabin on Holiday is U217.

The four cabins across the back just about HOLIDAY are 1A cabins.

5o36dn84baF4yetOR+zZ-j5Bs6Btojoz0300.jpg

Noise is a factor whenever the ship ties up at a dock, but if you are tendering, doesn't matter. A little engine vibration at times, but the cabins are one deck up from more expensive ones.

Looks like I don't have many pictures of the actual cabins, but I have stayed in U217 and U212. The main difference between those two is which side of the cabin you prefer your bed on.

J6TSrqEexgsvHnZ+db-opBKvmPASGPHA0300.jpg

+LhazDWWxBvFeWL4z-qZDJ1cfnZ6xhX00300.jpg

lI2sIlaA78p5YU9vzwx4ZsaibRxCp8VS0300.jpg

lYb6rr0Viqq2OCbqU1o4Sq7HFBAv6YQb0300.jpg

• 7 months later...
My favorite 1A cabin on Holiday is U217.

The four cabins across the back just about HOLIDAY are 1A cabins.

Noise is a factor whenever the ship ties up at a dock, but if you are tendering, doesn't matter. A little engine vibration at times,

Years ago I had a 1A in the back -- don't remember which one. Absolutely the noisiest cabin I've ever stayed in. It was noisy all of the time and incredibly noisy during docking. If you want a 1A find something further forward and DON'T book a 1A guarantee because you might end up back there.

Z-man

You have amazed me again. You may recall I ONLY sail from Galveston, but a friend has booked two cruises on the Holiday and I really hadn't thought about a 1A on her. I may have to hitch a ride. Those look like great cabins if one could get them.:)

I stayed in U195 last year on the Holiday. The room is in a little cubby hole near the back of the ship. The room was very quiet and dark. No window. Had some vibration when docking but didn't even notice the vibration when sleeping.

I just got off the phone with my PVP paying the rest of our cruise on the Holiday December 18-23. DH and I are in an oceanview, our boys are in a 1A. She said they had a good chance of getting upgraded - she even had a couple last week upgraded from a 1A to a suite - an obstructed view suite but a suite nonetheless!

Z-man

You have amazed me again. You may recall I ONLY sail from Galveston, but a friend has booked two cruises on the Holiday and I really hadn't thought about a 1A on her. I may have to hitch a ride. Those look like great cabins if one could get them.:)

Good choice. And not too far from the pizzeria for those late night binges!

Has anyone been on the Holiday and had a cabin near the rear of the ship since it was last drydocked. I have heard there was alot of vibration previously due to a propulsion problem. I was wandering if this has been corrected.

Archived