Bacalar experts please help

Cafabi

My family wants to see Dzibanche and I was hoping to stop at Cocalito's to see the stromatolites on the way. I am talking for just a few minutes. But every tour operator I've contacted tells me that you can't get to the stromatolites "anymore" without getting in a boat, which would take too much time. It is obvious from looking at the map that the road to Dzibanche goes right by Cocalito's. I realize that there is a cover charge, but I am willing to pay that to take a few photos and be on my way. Is there some reason I'm missing why this would not be doable on a private tour? I would even take a taxi, but I want a good guide for Dzibanche. I have contacted every tour company I can find on here and TA, but have gotten no response or the runaround. Thanks.

Have you contacted cenotesworld? I think they have a Bacalar tour. They tour cenotes all over Quintana Roo and Yucatan. Not sure where they would or could pick you up. I think they're out of Playa where most Bacalr day tours begin. But they may be of some help.

I know on a map it looks close but you actually have to get off 307 and take a smaller coastal road to get to the lake where the cenotes are. And they (Azul and Cocalitos) are out in the lake, not on shore. There are excursions that stop at the Lake on the way back from the ruins but not sure where. Native Choice would be a good place to inquire.

Crewsweeper, thanks for your insight. I’ve attached a picture of the place I want to go. I’ve seen videos of people viewing the formations from the shore, but that may be where the “anymore” comes in—maybe something has changed with the water level or something?

Ideally, I’d like a place that focuses on ruins but would be willing to make a 15-20 minute stop here. I realize that’s 15-20 minutes less at the ruins, but we know how to hit the ground running. I don’t see any mention of ruins on Cenotesworld at first glace, but am going to continue looking at their site. Still waiting to see if Native Choice will come through for me. Thanks for the tips!

316783363_cocalitos(640x337).jpg.9c40315b3d44f02e6571f1196ae06c24.jpg