No sale and sign cards at check in?

Etchdreams

Have seen lots of post about the cards being in the mailbox, but my question is, what is the process from arriving till the time you board the ship. I assume you still have to check in at the counters? Will be traveling with a couple new to cruising.

Thanks, Jim

90 days prior you can select a check-in time from your cruise manager. Arrive during that 1/2hr time slot and check in at the counter then board the boat. Arrive before or after your time slot may cause a delay in boarding. The boarding pass youre given will then act as your s&s card til your cabin is ready approx 1:30 pm.

Sent from my SM-G920T using Tapatalk

In May I don't think we even went to counter.

1) Walked in the early/late line

2) attendant scanned our edocs and gave us boarding #

3) put personal items through security

4) Headed to boarding area

2/3 may be opposite, We had CC info already listed on check in form

Very easy process S/S cards were in mailbox.

If you have Cheers you use your boarding pass to get a drink until you get your S/S cards.

Didn't have to go to the counter at Port Canaveral last cruise. I always take late check in (2-2:30). Got there about 1:50, they scanned my passport, thru security, up the escalator we went, walked on board and right to our cabin. It was 8-10 minutes from drop off to the cabin. We'd done complete check-in online and added our CC info prior to arriving. Easiest boarding I've ever had!

In March on Breeze in Galveston we only went through security downstairs. Once we got upstairs there were no more check-in lines....we just got in our zone or boarded. I had an 11:30 check-in and was on the boat by noon.

Our process was basically what beerman2 described above.

In Tampa a week ago, we entered through the upstairs Valet park door, guess it would have been the same for priority. We went through security, then found the Diamond check in desk, had our passports scanned, then sat in the priority seating area until Diamonds were called. We were shown the way onto the ship, perhaps 45 minutes or so after we first got to the terminal.

This may or may not be the sequence in other Carnival ports.

Aren't the mailboxes outside the door to the cabin? Has there been a security issue where someone has taken someone's SnS card and used it? Seems a little easy to have that happen.

They are in a sealed envelope. If it's been tampered with, you're supposed to go to guest services asap. :)

Aren't the mailboxes outside the door to the cabin? Has there been a security issue where someone has taken someone's SnS card and used it? Seems a little easy to have that happen.

YOUR picture shows up on screen when scanned on board. Highly unlikely someone else could use it.

Plus like mentioned if envelope looks tampered with take it to guest services they will activate a new S/S card. The old one is deactivated at that time.

What happens when one doesn’t do the pre boarding process on line or it’s incomplete? If cash account is selected can I change it to credit card at guest services? What is the amount that is but on hold on the credit card? I prepay tips only charge will be what I purchase on ship

How long does it take to release funds not used? My DH takes care of this . This year I will also be sailing on a all girls cruise

What happens when one doesn’t do the pre boarding process on line or it’s incomplete? If cash account is selected can I change it to credit card at guest services? What is the amount that is but on hold on the credit card? I prepay tips only charge will be what I purchase on ship

How long does it take to release funds not used? My DH takes care of this . This year I will also be sailing on a all girls cruise

If you don't do the on line check in, you may not be able to print a boarding pass. Then you won't have to be concerned with the $200 hold on your credit card.

In May I don't think we even went to counter.

1) Walked in the early/late line

2) attendant scanned our edocs and gave us boarding #

3) put personal items through security

4) Headed to boarding area

2/3 may be opposite, We had CC info already listed on check in form

Very easy process S/S cards were in mailbox.

If you have Cheers you use your boarding pass to get a drink until you get your S/S cards.

Everyone uses their boarding pass for drinks and purchases until they get their S/S card.

Have seen lots of post about the cards being in the mailbox, but my question is, what is the process from arriving till the time you board the ship. I assume you still have to check in at the counters? Will be traveling with a couple new to cruising.

Thanks, Jim

You check in as usual and your cards will be in the mail box.

The staff will direct you to the different stations according to the notes they write on your boarding pass. For example, my husband and I just sailed the breeze in Galveston. We always put a card on before hand so we just go right from security to the ship without stopping. In this case, my mom and nieces were with us.

My mom had a mark on her boarding pass so they directed her to the counter to add funds to her account. She didn’t put her credit card in advance. They take 200 until you reach that amount in charges then they authorize another 200 at that point. Once you board, you should be able to use the kiosk to add cash so that your balance doesn’t dip below to authorize another 200. They will put a hold but the actual charge doesn’t hit until you use the card, the hold is just there. If you want to keep it as cash, they will mark your card and instead of going to the desk, you can just ask to go thru to the next area and easy to add cash to the kiosk. If you have enough cash to cover any charges, they won’t bill your card anything and the hold will fall off after the cruise ends. Since you prepay tips, you shouldn’t go even close to the 200.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

90 days prior you can select a check-in time from your cruise manager. Arrive during that 1/2hr time slot and check in at the counter then board the boat. Arrive before or after your time slot may cause a delay in boarding. The boarding pass youre given will then act as your s&s card til your cabin is ready approx 1:30 pm.

Sent from my SM-G920T using Tapatalk

That's a little misleading. If your time slot is one of the first ones, you won't board the ship immediately. You will sit in a holding area until the ship is cleared for boarding. Once boarding has started (11-11:30) they will call for weddings, Diamond/Platinums and FTTF in that order. Then they start boarding by zone numbers.

Just a little clarification: You need to have paid the total cost of the cruise before you can get a boarding time.

You do not have to be paid in full to get a "check in" time. At 90 days prior to your cruise, you can pick your check in time even before being paid in full. The only thing you can't do before being paid in full is print your boarding pass. There is no set boarding time. It all depends on when the previous passengers have gotten off of the ship and that cruise has been cleared on their computers.

YOUR picture shows up on screen when scanned on board. Highly unlikely someone else could use it.

Plus like mentioned if envelope looks tampered with take it to guest services they will activate a new S/S card. The old one is deactivated at that time.

When do they take the picture for your card, if you don't go to the check in desk?

When do they take the picture for your card, if you don't go to the check in desk?

You probably will still have to go to the check in desk if you are a first time cruiser with Carnival. When we went on our cruise this year, they used my picture from the previous cruise. I didn't even have to retake it, but hubby grew a beard, so he had to retake his because he looked different.

So if you are already in the system, they might just shuffle you right through

You probably will still have to go to the check in desk if you are a first time cruiser with Carnival. When we went on our cruise this year, they used my picture from the previous cruise. I didn't even have to retake it, but hubby grew a beard, so he had to retake his because he looked different.

So if you are already in the system, they might just shuffle you right through

No.

When they scan your passport that is what they use as a picture. If you have changed significantly then they will take your picture at the last spot before you head up the ramp. That is Galveston's method.