I'm curious - when do you get to the port and why?

Our first cruise, we drove down the day of departure. Ended up with car problems on the way. Talk about stress...never again! The next few cruises, we arrived a day early but still left for port early. It always seemed rushed and hauling around our bags, wasn't ideal. The last few cruises we have decided to start our vaca the day we arrive at the hotel. We ask for a late check out and bring a bottle for champagne, for the morning. The morning of, we sleep in and enjoy breakfast. Then, relax in our room with mimosas! By the time we get to the port (around 1pm) we are relaxed and can walk right on, to our room. From there, we head to an uncrowded spot for a late lunch. Seems to work better for us. I am all for those that get there early. Sometimes I wish I could but I am just not an early bird. ;p

I don't like to rush and I don't like to wait in line, so I tend to aim for boarding around 1pm. We can wake up at 9, pack any little things that we unpacked the night before, have a nice hotel breakfast with mimosas, take a little walk on the waterfront and look at all the ships, then grab an Uber or lift around noon.

It does really depends on the port, though. And the most important thing is that it is great that everyone feels so differently about this! If everyone wanted to board at the same time the lines would be awful.

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Forums mobile app