Once you go Regal, can you ever go back?

hllwdcruiser

I just want to thank everyone for their input. We finally made a decision and booked today under the Sun Drenched Deal promo. It really was a difficult choice and we kept waffling between one and the other especially with all the recent positive reviews for the Caribbean on this forum.

We decided on the Regal and snagged an aft balcony - D730. We are totally psyched for the aft balcony!

Thanks to a long term poster's travel agent recommendations we were able to get a sweet deal with an additional percentage discount, extra OBC and specialty dining.

This site has been and continues to be priceless. Thanks again to all ~

Sharon

I just want to thank everyone for their input. We finally made a decision and booked today under the Sun Drenched Deal promo. It really was a difficult choice and we kept waffling between one and the other especially with all the recent positive reviews for the Caribbean on this forum.

We decided on the Regal and snagged an aft balcony - D730. We are totally psyched for the aft balcony!

Thanks to a long term poster's travel agent recommendations we were able to get a sweet deal with an additional percentage discount, extra OBC and specialty dining.

This site has been and continues to be priceless. Thanks again to all ~

Sharon

Man I wish I could get a deal like that on my Royal cruise for April.

I just wish that all of these cruise lines saw the value and benefit in building some new smaller ships.

I think that the fares could be more than these huge ships, and passengers would pay it.

Shouldn't have to sail an old and dated ship, without the latest amenities, to get a promenade and a half-way useable balcony!!!

Our last Princess cruise was on the Coral... and yes, the space, the promenade, the shoulder room and wonderful uncrowded and un-rushed service and food in the MDR (best ever) were wonderful 'plusses'!!!! But, the older ship, the lack of better amenities, and the smaller and very poor Buffet. (please fire whomever was in charge of the buffet!!!) were also noticeable.

Having said that... a newer ship, and the better dining and amenities, do mean a lot to me.

We are booked on the Regal, and are very much looking forward to it!!!

I just wish that all of these cruise lines saw the value and benefit in building some new smaller ships.

I think that the fares could be more than these huge ships, and passengers would pay it.

Shouldn't have to sail an old and dated ship, without the latest amenities, to get a promenade and a half-way useable balcony!!!

Our last Princess cruise was on the Coral... and yes, the space, the promenade, the shoulder room and wonderful uncrowded and un-rushed service and food in the MDR (best ever) were wonderful 'plusses'!!!! But, the older ship, the lack of better amenities, and the smaller and very poor Buffet. (please fire whomever was in charge of the buffet!!!) were also noticeable.

Having said that... a newer ship, and the better dining and amenities, do mean a lot to me.

We are booked on the Regal, and are very much looking forward to it!!!

It sounds like you're looking for the best of both sizes. :D

If Princess could ever make the smaller ships just as profitable then you might just get your wish.