Pullmantour MS Horizon 10/03-24/03

fosie

Just completed our check in too.  However no specific time indicated. 

I’m thinking we’d get there approximately 11:30 a.m.  Any thoughts, Duncan?  What

time were you thinking of getting there?

We would like to have some lunch before our tour.  

I’m thinking Checkin should take less than an hour, but cabins probably won’t be ready till 2 p.m.

Liz

2 hours ago, aussie cruzer said:

Liz,

Arrive at the port at 11.30 sounds good..Desert safari pick up should be around 3.00pm 

Would be nice to check out the ship before our evening activities .

Absolutely, plus have a cold one or two.

10 minutes ago, NZ Sailor said:

No we board on the 9th as well. The times were in the documentation we got a couple of days ago from VTG

Thanks,

We all booked with VTG too,can't see check in starting at 9.00,maybe baggage drop off,I'll stick to the 11.30 arrival.

We don't arrive until the previous evening..We are all doing the Desert Safari with dinner in the desert Sat afternoon. ...if you would like come too,contact ABC tours,price is around $50 US.

http://www.abctoursdubai.com/desert-safari-dubai.htm

Times are below the passenger coupon details (Names, cabin etc).

We arrive at crack of dawn the day before the cruise so presently are doing an afternoon tour that day and then seeing how we feel. The last time we used Pullmantur, the checkin took quite some time although the ship was full of Spanish students on Spring break. At checkin we were given a coloured pass and had to wait until our colour was called (in Spanish!).

check.JPG

4 hours ago, cruiserdotcom said:

Duncan,

Would it be ok if I contact Dolphin Tours to be added to your group for Khasab tour?  I referred back to your earlier reply and have changed my mind about the dhow tour.  The MSC group was generally enthusiastically favorable.  Thanks.

Sure thing,

Just email them with the details I posted....hopefully we get our own boat.

Edited by aussie cruzer
Typo

19 hours ago, NZ Sailor said:

No we board on the 9th as well. The times were in the documentation we got a couple of days ago from 

I had a quick look at Msc forum (thx Cruiser.com)

Some folks boarded ship  in Dubai at 10.00 am.

Liz,

Maybe we should arrive at 11.00 am.

Edited by aussie cruzer
typo

12 hours ago, aussie cruzer said:

I had a quick look at Msc forum (thx Cruiser.com)

Some folks boarded ship  in Dubai at 10.00 am.

Liz,

Maybe we should arrive at 11.00 am.

Sure thing, Duncan.  11 a.m. is good for us too, if it’s not too early for you, but except for the slight confusion re some of the forms being in Spanish (referring back to our previous cruise with Pullmantur), our group of 8 will be okay, as we have 3 people in our midst who can help with the transalation and filling in of the forms, and we will not take too long to board.  We will be on board by noon.

Enough time to get together for lunch, some cool drinks, and freshen up before our 3 p.m. tour.

That will also give the staff some very needed time to clean and prepare the ship.

Liz

2 hours ago, Northbay said:

Sure thing, Duncan.  11 a.m. is good for us too, if it’s not too early for you, but except for the slight confusion re some of the forms being in Spanish (referring back to our previous cruise with Pullmantur), our group of 8 will be okay, as we have 3 people in our midst who can help with the transalation and filling in of the forms, and we will not take too long to board.  We will be on board by noon.

Enough time to get together for lunch, some cool drinks, and freshen up before our 3 p.m. tour.

That will also give the staff some very needed time to clean and prepare the ship.

Liz

Sounds like a plan... and both Paulo and I can help with the translation. We are staying in the same hotel as Duncan so we will head to the port at the same time