Fort Lauderdale - hotel - port....Help please

Guest hockeychic

Have pre-cruise booked at Hampton AP North on 10/8 for 126 (using military rate) and post cruise at Renaissance 10/14 for 126 (again using military rate). Pre-cruise arrival is around 7 p.m. and we (2 adults, 2 kids) are looking for free trans/free breakfast for pre-cruise. Post-cruise we would like a location that offers things to do within walking distance, but not to far from Airport as we fly out early on 10/15. So, is Hampton good pre-cruise choice? Is there something comparable for less that is better? Is Renaissance a good post cruise choice for a family with 2 kids (8 & 5)? Can we do better? I think I can get the Marriot Hollywood beach for 126 dollars also. Any advice would be appreciated!

Bequia;

Thank you!!:D :D

I was able to get a room at the Lago Mar for two nights at $455.10. Our original reservation at the Bahia Mar was for $452.88 plus two nights charge for parking (didn't know about this charge until I called) for a total of $472.88. This is going to save us $17.78 for a resort that is MUCH nicer!!!!

Thank you again!!!

Hello:

I need the experts help. I have been unable to find a hotel (any hotel) that can accommodate two senior adults for February 1-2, 2007. We are leaving on the Sea Princess on February 3 and I do not like to fly on the same day as embarkation. Just too risky for me.

I have tried all of the hotels listed in another message, i.e., AmeriSuites, Embassy Suites, Renaissance, and Holiday Inn Express and they are all SOLD OUT for February 1-2, 2007. We stayed in Dania Beach the last time we sailed out of Fort Lauderdale, but something special must be going on this time. We won't be sightseeing, just catching up on sleep since we are flying in from the west coast.

Please help.

Hello:

I need the experts help. I have been unable to find a hotel (any hotel) that can accommodate two senior adults for February 1-2, 2007.

I hate to be the bearer of bad news, your in trouble, that's Superbowl weekend in Miami. Everything's been sold out for month's. Anything that is available is going for rack rate or special event rate with a minimum of two to three night stay or more, big bucks $$$$$$. :o

Here's another thread you can check out citing the same problem: http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=391112

/////////////////////

Based on everyone's input, I've booked the Sleep Inn for my precruise stay in Feb. At 170.00 a night with an AAA rate, it's expensive but still cheaper than all the other hotels I researched. I didn't realize when I booked this cruise, it was during a very expensive time!

Thank you. Now it all makes sense. When I booked this cruise in October 2005 I had no idea that the Super Bowl was February 2007 in Florida. Flights and hotels are sky-high or non-existent for a pre-cruise stay. Our cruise leaves February 3. I hate to fly on the same day as embarkation.

This is just one more thing to check on for future cruises. We don't have that problem when cruising from the LA area--no NFL team anymore.

I live in Hollywood, so I looked thru the yellow pages for liquor stores. The one that is in Dania is in a bad part of town so don't go there. There is a liquor store on Sheridan st. It would be about 2 miles directly west of the Sleep inn. The Sleep Inn is really on Sheridan St. So just go west. Its on the north side of the road.

I hope this helps.

Linda

:)

I just took a ride to Dania (Had to go there anyway) I rode by the Sleep Inn and thru the shopping center across the street. There is a nail salon, hair salon, dry cleaners, tax man, Dentist, Spanish and Mexican restuarant, health food store, Dollar tree, and Villa Jo Jo Italian restuarant, and a chinese take out. No liquor store. The liquor store is almost three miles due west of the Sleep Inn. Its a crown Liquor store.

Be careful of the day of the week. Beer and wine will NOT be sold on Sunday until noon. That's only in Dania.

Hope this does help.

Linda

:)

I booked a room for the evening of January 26 for $170.00.

I did call about the over 65 rate, and he quoted me $167, so I decided to stay with what I have for now.

I was shocked at the price for hotels in Ft. Lauderdale when I went on-line. Two years ago, we got a really nice hotel with transporation from airport and to port for $100 and some change. Big difference now. At least I have a few months to keep checking.

HI NJGranny, If you have a regular room for $170 check out the over 65 again. That rate is usually for what they call a suite; a larger room with 2 beds, small refrig, microwave, loveseat and small table. if you have the suite then it doesn't matter. If you don't and they want to give you a suite for $3 less, i say go for it.

NJGRANNY, I was poking around Expedia and it looks like all the prices are high Jan, Feb, till end of March. has to be frustrating for you. Have you thought of trying priceline. It seems alot of people have good luck with it.

I haven't tried it yet so no experience there.

Good Luck, Dianne

Since I can cancel my reservation at Sleep Inn without penalty, I thought I'd look around and perhaps try Priceline. I still have time.

I did see one motel for $125, but the reviews didn't make it sound too great. I know they don't always tell the true story, though, because I booked a hotel for a trip to St. Michael's, Maryland, and it had bad reviews. It turned out to be very clean, comfortable and convenient for touring.

We are thinking of the Sheraton Clipper pre cruise and Sheraton yankee Clipper post cruise (points) Any idea of what taxis will be to/from airport
$12-$15

and to/from port? Thanks, Sandie
$9-$13

Just to let everyone know that my family was there on September 23 & 24th and they did not question the significant organization rate. I am only 41 yrs old and have a 2 year old, so there must be other organizations that use that rate as well. The place was clean and comfortable. The beach is about 1/2hr walk.

Just to let everyone know that my family was there on September 23 & 24th and they did not question the significant organization rate. I am only 41 yrs old and have a 2 year old, so there must be other organizations that use that rate as well. The place was clean and comfortable. The beach is about 1/2hr walk.

Thanks for the update! Will be there in December, and was curious about the Significant Organization Rate :)

A~

Just wanted to let you all know that I did email SmarterTravel.com asking them about the rate on Sept. 1st, and still have not heard a word from them.

We have cancelled our PC cruise so we won't be staying at the SI after all. It hurt almost as bad to cancel SI as it did to cancel the cruise! :o

Vada

I just booked the SI for tomorrow night, 89.99 on the website, for our pre-cruise on enchantment 10/9. I hope all the good I've been reading about the place happens to us. I'll let you know when we get back. I've made and CNX 3 or 4 reservations before finally picking the SI. The price is definitely right if nothing else!

Just wanted to let you all know that I did email SmarterTravel.com asking them about the rate on Sept. 1st, and still have not heard a word from them.

We have cancelled our PC cruise so we won't be staying at the SI after all. It hurt almost as bad to cancel SI as it did to cancel the cruise! :o

Vada

Sorry you had to cancel! Thanks for at least trying to get an answer from Smarter travel... but I think we are going to be ok. At least I HOPE so :rolleyes:

Hi all, we just booked Sleep Inn for November. I liked what I read here but want to be sure of something. Is that grocery story and those restaurants within walking distance? We are booked for 2 nights and want to make sure we can walk to restaurants since we weren't planning on renting a car.

Also, does Carnival let you walk on board with bottles of wine, or is there a problem with that? Thanks! Jean

Archived