Fort Lauderdale - hotel - port....Help please

Guest hockeychic

Stayed at the Florida Grand and great views if you get port view side.

Not cheap but first class. Great for a couple of days pre-cruise as lots to see boat wise, close to water taxi.

Negative is that fair walk for eats or drinks. Hotel VERY expensive in that area.

How much closer to the food, drinks & shopping would the Renaissance be versus the Ft. Lauderdale Grande? Also does anyone know how far the Renaissance is in their renovations. I don't want to stay at a hotel that looks like it's under construction.

• 3 months later...

I am leaving next week. I have a reservation on Friday at the marriot courtyard east on N. Federal Hwy. On Saturday I have a reservation at the Springhill suites off sterling rd. I was thinking of cancelling the springhill suite reservation and staying at the courtyard for both nights. Can anyone give me any information on the courtyard location and the hotel itself?

Thanks for any help.

Sue

We stayed at the Comfort Inn several years ago and did not care for it (had sand fleas). The transportation to the port was chaos in the morning, but maybe they got that straightened out over the years. I would recommend something in the 17th Street area as we prefer that location much better. Last I read, the Sleep Inn in Dania or LaQuinta by the airport was a good choice, but we haven't tried it. Check out Tripadvisor.com regarding hotels.

• 5 months later...

We are cruising on CCL Freedom on 7/7/09; have reservations at Ft. Lauderdales' Hampton Inn....after reading these posts I am a little nervous...we will be staying for 2 nights prior to cruise.

Location is 2500 Stirling Road Hollywood,FL FLLAP

Hampton Inn & Suites

We will not have a vehicle during this time.

Please if you know this area advise what we are in for...our room was on a non-refundable purchase.

We are cruising on CCL Freedom on 7/7/09; have reservations at Ft. Lauderdales' Hampton Inn....after reading these posts I am a little nervous...we will be staying for 2 nights prior to cruise.

Hampton Inn & Suites

Please if you know this area advise what we are in for...our room was on a non-refundable purchase.

This is a fairly old thread and is also very long. What concerns you???

I think this Hampton Inn will be fine. It is very close to Oakwood Plaza. You can google "Oakwood Plaza in Ft. Lauderdale" and you should find a link to that shopping center. This is the same area where LaQuinta is located.

We stayed across the street from this hotel in the Springhill Suites in February. The hotel was fine and the area was fine. We met folks on our cruise who had stayed at the Hampton Inn and were pleased.

Other than some shopping and restuarants, there is not a lot to do in this area. However, you could easily take a cab to Hollywood Beach or Los Olas and spend a day there.

This is a fairly old thread and is also very long. What concerns you???

I think this Hampton Inn will be fine. It is very close to Oakwood Plaza. You can google "Oakwood Plaza in Ft. Lauderdale" and you should find a link to that shopping center. This is the same area where LaQuinta is located.

We stayed across the street from this hotel in the Springhill Suites in February. The hotel was fine and the area was fine. We met folks on our cruise who had stayed at the Hampton Inn and were pleased.

Other than some shopping and restuarants, there is not a lot to do in this area. However, you could easily take a cab to Hollywood Beach or Los Olas and spend a day there.

THANK YOU - You have eased my mind!!!!

Hampton Inn & Suites

When we stayed here-- they offered free shuttle service within a mile of the hotel. I think it was the Hampton Inn cruise port (maybe located around 12th street somewhere.)

Is your reservation cancellable?

does anyone know the current cost of parking at port everglades?? were looking at a sept. 4-night cruise for our anniversary, and weighing our options of parking at the port vs doing a Park n Cruise in Ft. Lauderdale. any info on current prices would be greatly appreciated.

greg

does anyone know the current cost of parking at port everglades?? were looking at a sept. 4-night cruise for our anniversary, and weighing our options of parking at the port vs doing a Park n Cruise in Ft. Lauderdale. any info on current prices would be greatly appreciated.

greg

http://port.sunny.org/about-us/security/parking/

$15/day for cars

Archived