Fort Lauderdale - hotel - port....Help please

Guest hockeychic

You assumed right, it's a very safe neighborhood, in fact it's primarily residential. The Publix is open until 11pm Monday thru Saturday, and it closes at 10pm on Sundays. It opens at 7am daily.

////

If you are a Tripple A member, check their tour books for locations. I made a reservation online on the AAA web site and fell I got a good price at Comfort in at 1800 Federal Way near 17th. If their shuttle is too busy and we don't want to wait it is a cheap taxi to the port.

Norine

We have had this hotel booked since May for Thanksgiving night. We got a good rate at $80.00 per day. I was about to cancel and book with parksleepfly at a different hotel till I saw where you can leave your car for $7/day. I just called and confirmed that with them. Based on the good reviews here, we will be staying there.

Thanks and I will try to remember to post a review of the hotel upon our return.

Thanks to everyone for all the info on this thread. I booked the SI today for our cruise in February 2007 for $135.99. I used the AARP discount as I am an AARP member. I did notice something as far as the Significant Organization Savings goes. On the Sleep Inn website, at the top you will see a box titled Offers and Programs, click on that box and you will see all the special discounts offered. There is one called Little League, click on that and you will see that anyone can get that discount and a portion of the savings goes to Little League baseball. Little league baseball is actually one of the "Significant Organizations" and you don't even have to be affiliated with it to get that discount, so anyone can get the Significant Organization discount. Happy Cruising to everyone.

We will be in Ft. Lauderdale Jan. 5th. 2007 for a one night stay before cruise leaving latter in the day on the 6th. We would like a beach hotel in the $150. range (up or down) that is not a dive, any good idea's? We do have a res. at the Comfort Inn Airport Stirling Rd. but not very good revues.

We live in San Diego and our water is kinda cold here in Jan. how is water temp. over there at this time?

Thanks

We will be in Ft. Lauderdale Jan. 5th. 2007 for a one night stay before cruise leaving latter in the day on the 6th. We would like a beach hotel in the $150. range (up or down) that is not a dive, any good idea's? We do have a res. at the Comfort Inn Airport Stirling Rd. but not very good revues.

We live in San Diego and our water is kinda cold here in Jan. how is water temp. over there at this time?

Thanks

For me, the water is cold in January. For anyone visiting from up north they feel it's just fine. Beach hotel..hmmm we're talking high season, holiday week, it may be difficult finding anything in that range. Have you tried Priceline?

Dump the existing reservations. I wouldn't put my dog in there. Checking kayak dot com with your dates and price I come up empty handed for anything on the beach. The Sleep Inn in Dania is 1.5 miles west of Hollywood Beach. Any hotel on 17th Street would work, you could catch the 50 cent Sun Trolley to Ft Lauderdale Beach. ;)

SE 17th Street hotels (closest to Port Everglades and FLL)...

Renaissance... http://marriott.com/property/propertypage/FLLBR

Embassy Suites... http://www.embassysuites.com/en/es/h...tyhocn=FLLSOES

Holiday Inn Express "Convention Center"... http://www.ichotelsgroup.com/h/d/ex/1/en/hd/fllcc

Extended Stay America... http://www.extendedstayamerica.com/h...er-marina.html

AmeriSuites... http://amerisuites.com/reservations/...asp?facid=3929

AmeriSuites is cheaper on Valuetrips... http://www.valuetrips.com/AMS/FL/F17.htm

Bequia,

Thank you so much for your help with our reservation. We just returned from our cruise and the Lago Mar was everything we wanted for our stay and then some. Wonderful resort!!! We couldn't have been happier. I am sure it was much nicer than the Bahia Mar.

Again, thank you so much for the recommendation!!:D :D :D :D :D I wouldn't hesitate to stay there again or recommend the resort to anyone else!!!

Reasonable beach front in Ft Lauderdale in December, good luck.

These hotels are the only beachfront hotels directly on the beach in Ft Lauderdale:

Lago Mar... http://www.lagomar.com/

Marriott Harbor Beach... http://www.marriottharborbeach.com/

Pelican Beach Resort (only the NEW tower)... http://www.pelicanbeach.com/

Sheraton Yankee Clipper....http://www.starwoodhotels.com/sheraton/property/overview/index.html?propertyID=664

and a short walk to the beach and probably the most economical, Best Western Oceanside Inn....http://book.bestwestern.com/bestwestern/productInfo.do#null

I've stayed at the Lago Mar and the Marriott Harbor Beach, would not hesitate recommending them to anyone. The others have mixed reviews on these boards. There's a nice Marriott in nearby Hollywood Beach that's quite nice as well, further south is the Westin Diplomat a beautiful property but $$$$

Thanks so much for the info. We were told Thursday our Liberty cruise would not be leaving Sunday as planned so we had to scramble to make FLL reservatiions for a couple of nights. We are unfamiliar w/the area. Well, we are at the Lago Mar right now :) The weather has been quite cool but this resort is absolutely wonderful! My people are happy :) We'd like to come back here again for a longer stay.

Franny, It sure is nippy here, 55 degrees brrrrr. So happy you made it to the Lago Mar, it's such a beautiful property. Enjoy. News reports say it's going to get real cold this evening, around 49, hopefully it'll warm up for you soon. ;)

Bequia,

Just read your response regarding the Comfort Inn. Is is that bad? Just curious. Thanks tho,I was hoping I could find someone who knew about that hotel. We have it reserved in Feb., 2 rooms for 2 nights before our cruise. The reviews were not that great. I guess we will switch to the Sleep Inn you mentioned. We are not looking for anything fancy, just want someplace clean where we can walk to the store or restaurants.Hopefully this is possible at the Sleep Inn. We also like the transfer's to and from the airport and dock. Thanks for all the suggestions and taking the time to answer so many questions.

Bequia,

Just read your response regarding the Comfort Inn. Is is that bad? Just curious. Thanks tho,I was hoping I could find someone who knew about that hotel. We have it reserved in Feb., 2 rooms for 2 nights before our cruise.

Don't cancel anything just yet. That's the hardest weekend (Superbowl) to get a room in Ft Lauderdale or Miami and if you do find one the rates are going to be through the roof. If you can't find anything else stay where your are, for 2 nights its doable, and believe it or not you could do worse. ;)

Bequia,

My goodness you are a vast source of info! :) Thank you so much! The Sleep inn is available for the nites I want. Please, just one more question. ;) Is there a mall or stores and restaurants within walking distance? Always need to pick up those last few items before the cruise. DH is watching Monday football and told me it is cold FL! Cold here in Oregon too. Stay warm and Thanks again!

Bequia,

Is there a mall or stores and restaurants within walking distance?

Next door from the Sleep Inn is a Publix Supermarket, a Dollar store, Italian and Chinese restaurants. Directly in front of the hotel is a Walgreens. You should be able to pick up just about anything you need at the last minute.

Franny, It sure is nippy here, 55 degrees brrrrr. So happy you made it to the Lago Mar, it's such a beautiful property. Enjoy. News reports say it's going to get real cold this evening, around 49, hopefully it'll warm up for you soon. ;)

I also considered the Marriott, but w/two teens and grandmom w/us, I felt the suites at Lago Mar would be more comfy for us than just a room at the Marriott. So glad we made the choice we did. I cannot say enough about the friendly, accomodating staff and simply beautiful grounds. We will definitely come back to this resort for a longer stay so we can see and enjoy the area. We leave on the Liberty today, just saw the news and looks like we will sail at 8pm. Wish it was warmer but I know we will all enjoy ourselves regardless.

Happy Thanksgiving :)

CrazyforCruizin~I promise you WILL NOT be sorry if you move to the Sleep Inn. I have stayed there twice and it is PERFECT for a pre/post cruise. The Publix, Italian restaurant, Dollar Tree, nail salon is all just a hop, skip and jump from the hotel, and the Walgreens is even closer. Also the free shuttle to/from the airport and port. Perfect!

If it is still available, grab it! :)

Hello everyone,

Thanks for all the wonderful information. We're cruising on the Liberty Feb 25 to Mar 3. Staying in FLL until Mar 6 at the Yankee Clipper. We were there last year and enjoyed that section of beach.

Was lucky enough to use points to book a room at the Hyatt Pier 66 for Feb 24 - night before the cruise. We've never stayed there and was relieved to read the favorable info about the pool. Did see a comment early on about construction - does anyone know if it's completed? Are there grocery/liquor/drug stores within close walking distance or are we limited by the size of the hotel grounds (read prior it was on 22 acres!).

Appreciate any thoughts or comments or tips.

Happy Holiday and our best to all those taking the delayed cruise on the Liberty!

Bequia and PA,

:D Thank you all so much! I changed the reservation and instead of 2 rooms we now have a suite at the Sleep Inn. We are arriving 2 days before the cruise and our DH and fiance are arriving the night before, so the queen suite will be perfect and it was less expensive than the 2 rooms at the Comfort Inn.;) The people on these boards and this website is incredible. I would not travel w/o checking here first. Thank you all again for all the help and info!

Happy Cruising!

Was lucky enough to use points to book a room at the Hyatt Pier 66 for Feb 24 - night before the cruise. We've never stayed there and was relieved to read the favorable info about the pool. Did see a comment early on about construction - does anyone know if it's completed? Are there grocery/liquor/drug stores within close walking distance or are we limited by the size of the hotel grounds (read prior it was on 22 acres!).

The renovations at the Hyatt Pier 66 are complete. The pool and hot tub are gorgeous as ever. The new plasma tv's in the rooms are beautiful as well.

Rather then walking to the local stores, for 50 cents you can hop onto the Sun Trolley. The trolley can take you over the causeway bridge to the Harbor Shops where the brand new Publix Supermarket is located along with other shops and restaurants.

You can flag the Sun Trolley down in front of the Hyatt. They run every 15 minutes. ;)

http://www.suntrolley.com/bus_route-maps/convention.html

Thank you so much Bequia - you are a wealth of info. Taking so much of your time to help us all out is really admirable. We're all in your debt.

I feel like I hit the jackpot booking this hotel! Georgeous pool, hot tub and plasma TVs - WOW! The location also sounds terrific. What else can you ask for? Maybe hard to leave, perhaps we'll take a later cab to the pier.....

Since we saved using points, I think we can spring for the $1 trolley fare.

Sounds like fun!

THANKS to all.

Archived