Fort Lauderdale - hotel - port....Help please

Guest hockeychic

This touches on a subject I wanted to ask... Is smuggling drinks onboard princess lines ok ? I know its a free for all on carnival, but I thought it didn't happen much on princess ??

Not for smuggling drinks-taking onboard caffeine free diet soda and water...Is that ok with you. I would never think of taking that would cause a problem:rolleyes:

I booked one of those $2.00 rooms for Jan. 4th. After I booked it, I read the reviews on tripadvisor. Hearing about the bad location and the many prostitutes in the area made me think that maybe it would be better to spend a little more and at least enjoy the hotel we are staying in for the night. I took a chance with Hotwire and am staying at the Bahia Mar for $149.00. Hearing mixed reviews about the Bahia Mar, I will just cross my fingers and hope for the best.

Did you cancel the room and pay the service fee or did you keep the reservation and are just eating the $2?

Has anyone found oil-free sun block in the shops near the pier to take on the cruise with them? Do you remember how much it was?

Can't get it in the UK :(

I purchased Coppertome -oil free sunscreen lotion,it's waterproof,fragrance free ,won't clog pores and it's 50 SPF. A spray can of 6 oz was about $6.50 US at Wal-Mart,but I'm sure that Walgreens or any other pharmacy has it.

I know that this sounds like a commerical-but it really works :) .

Linda

when are you crusing ?

I purchased Coppertome -oil free sunscreen lotion,it's waterproof,fragrance free ,won't clog pores and it's 50 SPF. A spray can of 6 oz was about $6.50 US at Wal-Mart,but I'm sure that Walgreens or any other pharmacy has it.

I know that this sounds like a commerical-but it really works :) .

Linda

when are you crusing ?

We're cruising in July this year. :D Can't wait!

This touches on a subject I wanted to ask... Is smuggling drinks onboard princess lines ok ? I know its a free for all on carnival, but I thought it didn't happen much on princess ??

Princess does not have a problem with passengers bringing on wine/champagne. I also bring on my own soda, diet dr pepper, and I bring enough spirits to get me a quick drink before dinner while getting ready after a long day in port. I have never had anything taken. My bar tab is still quite heavty especially with a good "drink of the day". I can't resist the frozen fufu drinks:rolleyes:

We are looking for a good seafood restuarant in Ft Lauderdale. We are staying at the Yankee trader and would like it close to that. Please let us know what you would suggest.

Thanks

Check out the East Coast Departures board. Lots of great info over there.

We liked the Renaissance by Marriott that is located directly across from the pier. There is also a 3.5* downtown hotel on Hotwire for $99 a night. If you go to betterbidding.com you can probably find out which hotel this is as they identify hotels by using location and amenities.

We're cruising in July this year. :D Can't wait!

If you can't find this in the UK-let me know and I can send it to you and we can trade instead of sending monies. My husband would love a Manchester United t-shirt;) . He is really huge soccer fan. Let me know and we can take it from there.

contact me --mumsiesof2@aol.com

'til later,Linda

We always take cabs to and from the pier in Fort Lauderdale. Depending on traffic, the price usually varies. Never have seen a fixed rate before.

We got a great deal on PL for a room at the Yankee Trader for $62/nt pre-cruise (1 nt). Now we have to figure out the best way to get from FLL to hotel & from hotel to Port Everglades as the hotel doesnt run a shuttle. Looks like its about 3-4 miles. Is a cab the best way? Other suggestions? Thanks.

We got a great deal on PL for a room at the Yankee Trader for $62/nt pre-cruise (1 nt). Now we have to figure out the best way to get from FLL to hotel & from hotel to Port Everglades as the hotel doesnt run a shuttle. Looks like its about 3-4 miles. Is a cab the best way? Other suggestions? Thanks.

Cab is the best way. ;)

In Jan. we stayed at the Days Inn Bahia Cabana on A1A. Hotel wasn't much to look at, room were quite plain and in some need of upgrading, but it was clean. You have the beach right across the street and a marina behind the hotel. We'd stay there again.

at Motel 6, either at 825 E Dania Beach Blvd or 1801 SR 84. Which is closer to cruiseport and is there any restuarants or supermarkets near these places?

We come in the day before and would like to drop our bags at hotel, get something to eat and then shop before calling it a nite and then getting to port in the morning.

Has anyone ever stayed at either of these. Don't need a 5 star, just clean beds and shower.

I am looking for a hotel, that allows free parking for the 5 days i'm on my cruise. Does anyone know a hotel close to the pier, with the parking..i'll need shuttles or cabs to and from the hotel...Anyone have any ideas..

Please i'm desperate..

thanks

d

at Motel 6, either at 825 E Dania Beach Blvd or 1801 SR 84. Which is closer to cruiseport and is there any restuarants or supermarkets near these places?

Both are not that desirable, the Dania Beach Blvd is the safer of the two locations. They tend to attract people who can't afford apartments and rent week by week or ladies of the night that rent the rooms by the hour......

Thank you all for your replies. I will join the roll call, DH and I are traveling alone this year for our 10th anniversary, nice to know we will not be traveling on that huge ship alone.

Thank you all for your replies. I will join the roll call, DH and I are traveling alone this year for our 10th anniversary, nice to know we will not be traveling on that huge ship alone.

Hope to see you joining our roll call soon! We have a lot of fun over there!:) We are planning a meet and greet also, so see you soon:D

We stayed at the Hampton Inn Suites on State Road 84 not far at all from the pier and Hampton provides a free shuttle right to the cruise pier.

Good rates...great rooms...and frankly the best hotel staff we had run into in years...the problem is the service was so good it has spoiled us!!

Have a great cruise!

Tom&Deb:)

now, depending on if you are coming in a day or 2 early, I would check out, Marriot harbor beach resort. not far from pier and great beach and pool area. Close to the inlet if you wanted to walk down the beach and watch the ships leave the day before or arrive in the morning. pier 66 is right across 17th street causeway from the port and beautiful resort. There is also a nice marriot right on the west side of the intercoastal across from the port. hope i helped. if you want anymore input you can email me Vjnap@yahoo.com

Archived