Email of final documents!?

chrismch

Just called the online cruise company (who advertizes on CC) where I booked my upcoming cruise to see where my cruise documents were as we are cruising in less than 2 wks. I was told they were emailed to me last Friday. I have never had a TA email me our final cruise documents (and we just completed our last cruise with another TA 2 months ago) but I was told by this online TA that this is what they have been trying for about a yr now. I told her that I had called a week ago to check on the documents and was told they would be "sent to me about 2 wks prior to sailing."At no time was I told that they would be emailed. Like most people we delete lots of travel emails when we're not in the market to book anything new so I was surprised that in my previous conversations or even when I booked on line originally nothing was said/stated on how I was to receive our final papers. So now I'm being told that they will see what they can do to resend them in the next few days. Has anyone else had this experience? Am I out of line to think this is unusual and a lack of communication? I've always like the feel of holding my documents and getting the cruise case that holds the papers. This just seems like another way to cut costs and marginalize the experience. What is your opinion?

I like to have "real" documents, too. However, emailing of final documents has been around now for months. As with e-tickets on flights, this is the future of cruise documents. It does sound like a case of bad communication. The TA should have made it clear to you that you would be receiving your documents via email.

Archived