Free WiFi

Twogreynomads

Nothing is ever free it just means the rest of us will end up paying for the internet addicted.

It seems that a lot of people fail to appreciate how wi-fi internet access works, once active the cost remains the same regardless of the number of users. However I do agree that before anyone offers free or very cheap internet access, they do need to ensure their system has adequate bandwidth to cope with demand, which might require extra investment.

Nothing is ever free it just means the rest of us will end up paying for the internet addicted.

That sounds a tad offensive, hopefully I am reading it wrong

I don't think P&O entertainment is up to much so rarely use it - so I am paying for others to be entertained.

At present internet is not free so whats the issue ?

I think it's very liberating to go on a cruise and stay off the internet for a fortnight. So relaxing.

Quite agree. Just think, if there was free WiFi on board, there would be people wandering the ship with a phone glued to their ears, and do we really want half of the table at dinner on their iphones just like in restaurants at home?

Since when has having wi fi on a phone anything to do with making phone calls? Or the necessity of a phone glued to your ear?

That sounds a tad offensive, hopefully I am reading it wrong

I don't think P&O entertainment is up to much so rarely use it - so I am paying for others to be entertained.

At present internet is not free so whats the issue ?

Not at all offensive just a simple statement of fact !

Sounds reasonable.

Could we lobby for them to close the free gym, the free theatre, the free musicians, the free swimming pools, deckchairs to be chargeable, all restaurants apart from the buffet to incur a fee, and only one plate in the buffet allowed to drive down the cost further.