vibration in D736 Suite on Ruby

labraiser

Just wondering on peoples experience with vibration on the Ruby Aft suites. We are booked in D736 for our Alaska cruise. Did it bother you? I understand some vibration but not excessive to the point of being bothersome. Any replies or suggestions welcome.

Thanks

We only stay in aft suites and probably stayed in the cabin you are referring to. If you are comparing the amount of vibration to midship, there is more in an aft cabin. We find there is minimal vibration until the ship starts travelling around 18 knots. Then we are aware of being on a moving ship. I'm sure at those speeds, even midship has some vibration, just not as much. It's really a matter of personal preference and sensitivity to movement. We find the vibrations lull us to sleep at night! We also love the view and sound of the wake. We've stayed in aft suites on the Island, which many people complain about. We didn't find the vibrations on the Island to be any different from any other aft cabin we've stayed in.

By the way, Dolphin deck is my favorite location on most ships since the balcony is a bit larger.

Have fun!!!

We were in C749 on the Ruby last January and don't recall having any bothersome issue with vibration. In fact the only real issue was having to leave the "suite life" upon disembarkation! Have also been in E731 several times with no issues. Have a great cruise!

We're staying in an aft suite (A752) on Emerald in a couple weeks. I hope we don't have any vibration, but an aft suite is a dream of mine, so even if it does, I am going to live the suite life!

Please report on how it was :)

We did 10 days in D736 last November on the Ruby No vibrations except when maneuvering in port. When at top speed there is a bit of spray coming up and maybe noticeable movement but nothing serious. It makes us sleep like babies.

PS: D deck balcony is the largest of all the stern Vista suites and is on the corner with a wrap around. C has 2 pillars, E is narrower front to back.

Edited by Ferd Berfle
Added balcony size note.

D736 is a fantastic suite with a huge covered balcony. There is some vibration while docking or while leaving a dock, but otherwise, great!

I like knowing that I am on a moving ship.

PS - the large, sheltered balcony is great for viewing the spectacular scenery! Don't miss it from your balcony:).