RTW cruisers payment on board charges

palakika

This is a question for past RTW cruisers.. Is your credit card charged for on board charges at end of each segment or one big charge at end of entire cruise? I'm not asking about OBC, but on board charges.

Thanx, Francie

Francie--

mid-Sept. Meeting up with some fellow ATW16 friends. Can't wait to do this. We love land trips. Albuq Balloon Festival was the goal and the itinerary just kept growing!!!

used to throw the Kid in the back seat, Dave behind the wheel, the cooler and a couple of suitcases in back, and me riding shotgun. Lots of fun!!!

result: Kid is a traveler.....and self-taught reader!

Balloon Festival is a real sight! Sounds like a fun trip.

Still trying to decide about total ATW . Currently signed up for Tokyo to SF. Did it seem like a long time on a ship? It will certainly be a beautiful "new" ship by the time we get on.

Francie

I definitely would recommend the Temples in Bagan. Very well done by Oceania. Air Transport in Myanmar is not known for punctuality and I would hesitate to do a private tour.

I would also recommend the Shamwari overland to those who have not done a real Safari in Kruger. It is a very well run game park and probably one of the better Southern Cape parks. Also recommend that you do this with Oceania, as tendering in East London can be tricky. We did a copy of the Overland via a private tour, and O skipped the East London port and we had to high tail it to Durban on Christmas to catch the ship.

The Nepal and Bhutan Overland really looks interesting!!

paul-

we've done the Bagan with O and agree--very well done overland. We have decided to do Pumba instead of Shimwari so that we can have the Water Lodge and the animals coming to the river to drink morning and evening.

I was willing to glamp but dave wanted the river--I was cool with that.

doesn't that Nepal look amazing--but 6 days? Don't know....might be too many temples and museums just like too many cathedrals in Europe!!! We'll see on that....debate ongoing with that one!

we've signed up for "pichu, penguins, and pandas...oh my" are the other 3 we're doing. Expensive with O but i don't have to do any planning!!! Life is short! Thanks for the rec'd

So excited!! We've just switched from Tokyo to SF to the whole trip SF to SF. REALLY looking forward to all the wonderful ports. Wish we had a different B1 stateroom, but only 2 left in that cat. at the moment.

Francie

All expenses incurred while onboard are settled at the end of the voyage - the whole cruise is 1 booking number and any OBC covers the full voyage. At the end you pay expenses minus OBC.

Thank you, Waynetor, for giving a simple and straightforward answer to this question!! I also wondered it too. :D

palakika!

good for you!!! Don't worry about cabins yet--as time draws nearer to final payment cabins open up. Just be ready to jump on it!

You could also tell your TA what cabin # you would like and TA can do that for you.

Also look at the Overlands and get your name in for whichever ones you want....waiting lists already!

are you on ATW20 roll call yet?