Discovery 2 sun beds !

We are on Discovery 2 at the end of September, so excited. I wonder has anyone any idea of a deck we would be likely to find a sunbed, a not so popular area. We don't want to be round the pool or in the popular areas, just somewhere we can have a read and relax. Sorry if this is an impossible to answer question. :)

Yes you need to be there for 7.30am on a sea day when they start putting the beds out and only a little bit later on any other day

Sometimes I wonder if people take the beds back to their cabins bring them out early morning and then put towels on while one goes back to bed while the other one sleeps on the sunned

Yes you need to be there for 7.30am on a sea day when they start putting the beds out and only a little bit later on any other day

Sometimes I wonder if people take the beds back to their cabins bring them out early morning and then put towels on while one goes back to bed while the other one sleeps on the sunned ����

I don’t particularly like to lie in the sun but the sunbed dramas give me a little entertainment whilst I sit in the shade reading my book.

On the Dream earlier this year there was dozens of unoccupied beds all reserved with towels and books etc, An adult family group came onto the deck and were very unhappy that the beds were reserved but not occupied. They found seats near to me and one of the group (who was a giant of a man ). told me they have got twenty minutes to claim the beds or I move all of their gear, sure enough after twenty mins all of the towels and books etc were moved into a pile near to the bar and the beds were occupied by the family.. when the towel owners came back a couple of hours later they weren’t happy bunnies and one of the party went over to sort out the people who had took their sun beds.

The argument lasted all of five seconds when the giant stood up to give his opinion, The owner of the towels scuttled off with his entourage and the whole deck were cheering the big man.

Happy days.

Once again thanks for all your responses. Oh boy would I have loved to see the giant of a man standoff ! Could we borrow you please !! We will head for the promenade deck.

We were on a cruise a few years ago, I think it was R Caribbean and one of the crew walked round putting notes on the reserved beds, saying they had 40 minutes then the towels would be removed. Good idea.

Marella do do that on sea days but only after people have complained they can see saved beds and can't find an empty one so not until late morning by which time those who've not been there for a couple of hours turn up so rarely see belongings being moved unfortunately