Live on Liberty: RCI Appears To Maintain a Passenger Database Of Preferences

Now the important question: Do they keep track of cruisers who remove the gratuities?

A few years ago we were sailing on the Oasis. During the behind the scenes tour we saw a list of cabins who had removed gratuities. It was on a cart. I am pretty sure we were not supposed to see it as soon as the guide saw it was displayed he flipped it over. It did not have names, but had cabin numbers.

A few years ago we were sailing on the Oasis. During the behind the scenes tour we saw a list of cabins who had removed gratuities. It was on a cart. I am pretty sure we were not supposed to see it as soon as the guide saw it was displayed he flipped it over. It did not have names, but had cabin numbers.

Yeah sure......I have bridge to sell!

That story was in the news for Carnival and they got sued for it and promiesd they made sure such alist will not exist for the future....

Now people claim they saw a list on a tour - to scare other passengers from reamoving tips - Tzzzzz:rolleyes:

Oh, and by the way. Silverwhere is a table allocation system used all over the world. Its made by Oracle systems. Very much like there land based DMS or Dining Management System. My wife’s family has been using this system for years in their restaurants. Similar systems are used in almost every aspect of the hospitality industry.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Do you have a link where they were actually sued. I found one article from 2009 about a list being maintained and Carnival profusely applogized at the time. No mention of them being sued.

I found a second article from 2016 on the Cruise lawyer website. He even had pictures of redacted lists, and he did not seem concerned about the list. If anyone would try to sue a cruise line it would be him.

To me this would be considered proprietary information, and as long it is not released to the general world. i.e. it is kept in house for whatever purpose then I imagine it is okay.

Yeah sure......I have bridge to sell!

That story was in the news for Carnival and they got sued for it and promiesd they made sure such alist will not exist for the future....

Now people claim they saw a list on a tour - to scare other passengers from reamoving tips - Tzzzzz:rolleyes:

I don't find it odd at all, very smart on their part...now what impresses me is when a bartender remembers your name and what you drink on the 1st day before you have even ordered anything yet. I am horrible with names, so this skill has been hard to grasp for me, kinda makes me jealous...

Love me some Savory Bites and request them every cruise. Like you, after Day One they are there, a fresh, hot plate, all for ME! Headed out Sun on Oasis-wonder if I’ll have to ask?! We shall see....

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

What's on a plate of Savory Bites?

Im just glad to hear you can still get savory bites :) I thought I had read they no longer serve them

They don't seem to offer them, but our experience has been that they will supply them if requested. Same with Indian entrees in the MDR.

http://www.oracle.com/us/industries/hospitaility-cruise-2632769.pdf

... Used all together or as individual modules, they provide an integrated solution with Oracle Hospitality Cruise Shipboard Property Management System, enabling detailed consumer analysis and the refinement of restaurant menus, quantities, and procedures. You can transfer data to the shoreside Oracle Hospitality Fleet Management system for consolidation into the guest’s profile.

We have found that how the bread is served varies. It has been our understanding that is there is any signs of a Noro or similar situation they serve them individually. Under normal conditions they serve it in baskets. When on a string of B2B's we have had both.