Shrimp Salad Sandwich Throwback

lottiegreen56

On Journeys cruises, I understand that they do throwback menus and have throwback nights that include midnight buffet, items on the menu that had been taken off, "classic games" etc. Does anyone know if they will be serving the room service shrimp salad sandwich on those days? I saw they got rid of the sandwich and it's my favorite! I've tried making a copy cat for years and it never tastes as good.

I used to love the shrimp salad on a roll that was a room service staple for years and was so disappointed when it was dropped:loudcry: I would order it almost every day for lunch. I don't recall if it was Carnival or Holland America that also had a steak sandwich on a hard roll that was on the room service menu for years and not anymore. Bring them back! So much better than the fried options now, although the spicy shrimp is pretty good.

I used to love the shrimp salad on a roll that was a room service staple for years and was so disappointed when it was dropped:loudcry: I would order it almost every day for lunch. I don't recall if it was Carnival or Holland America that also had a steak sandwich on a hard roll that was on the room service menu for years and not anymore. Bring them back! So much better than the fried options now, although the spicy shrimp is pretty good.

Carnival had a tasty grilled minute steak sandwich at the Lido Grill up until 8 or so years ago. I don't recall there being a steak sandwich on Carnival's Room Service menu.

On longer cruises (e.g. Journey cruises) where Seaday Brunch alternates with regular Breakfast/Lunch in the MDR, you might find a steak sandwich on the luncheon menu. Not sure what that has to to with Brain, um Shrimp Salad Sandwiches, but no, they are not back.

Didn’t see the shrimp or steak sandwich on any of the Journeys lunch menus we’ve had on the Miracle. Each cruise had three different lunch menus.

They did have the Asian Steak Salad.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums