Divina specialty restaurants

joeyjeremiah

I just booked onto the divina for January. I cruised on the divina last January. I was looking at the cruise enhancements. It looks like galaxy restaurant is now sushi and teriyaki. Is this correct? Has anybody been onboard recently and eaten there. We really enjoyed our meal there last year but don’t eat fish or shellfish so not sure if it’s for us any more. Does anybody have a photo of the new menu?

Also, it looks like the steakhouse is gone. Or at least not available for prepurchase. And the Italian and pizza are combined for the eataly market experience. Am I reading this correctly? Does anybody have a menu photo?

Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

When I look at my similar Divina booking I also only see the oddly described choices you mention. When I look at the MSC general specialty restaurant page I come up with what I expect is still available, as when I sailed in 2017. I did have to log out and clear my web browser cookies to view the page correctly.

https://www.msccruisesusa.com/en-us/Discover-MSC/Speciality-Restaurants-Packages.aspx

Eataly Experience - Eataly Steakhouse

The juiciest steaks and more, prepared Italian-style

Tuck into a perfectly prepared steak as part of a 3-course gourmet menu at the Eataly Steakhouse. Relax in the welcoming Italian ambience, an ideal setting for a meal showcasing only the very best of Italian cuisine.

Available on : MSC Divina

Add to your cruise

Eataly Experience - Ristorante Italia

The best of Italy on a plate

Sign yourself up for a delicious tasting menu, the signature dish of Eataly Ristorante Italia. Choose your Italian-style 4-course meal from the fine dining menu and please your palate with divine Slow Food Presidia creations. Italian-style haute cuisine at its best.

Add to your cruise

Galaxy Experience Adult/Child

Explore the culinary universe of Mediterranean fusion food

Roam the aromas and savor the flavors of the Mediterranean with this fusion food dining experience. Comprising 3 courses served in the cool ambience of the Galaxy Restaurant, the menu will allow you to discover the Mediterranean to the sound of great music without having to leave your seat.

Add to your cruise

Divina Dining Package - 2 Dining Experiences

Double the dining pleasure at a great-value price

Feast on the authentic gourmet highlights of the world’s finest cuisines in the cosy atmosphere of the Eataly Steakhouse and the Galaxy Restaurant, where great music provides a rhythmic backdrop to your Mediterranean fusion food experience.

Add to your cruise

Divina Dining Package - 3 Dining Experiences

A delicious dining trio at a very nice price

From a perfect steak at the Eataly Steakhouse, to a home-made Italian style Pizza at Eataly Pizzeria, through to Mediterranean fusion cuisine served to great music at the Galaxy Restaurant, this great-value dining trio delivers an exceptional culinary experience at sea.

Add to your cruise

Divina Dining Package - 4 Dining Experiences

A “Fab Four” with flavor to spare

This 4-restaurant package combines Italian at the Eataly Steakhouse, Eataly Ristorante Italia and Eataly Pizza, alongside Mediterranean fusion food at the Galaxy Restaurant to the sound of great music. It’s our best-value dining deal yet.

We have 3 cruises booked on the Divina this November and we are only getting the 2 choices also. Not showing the Eataly Steakhouse.

I have the same problem I called and spoke to MSC representative and they said you can not do it over the phone and he knew nothing about the dine 4 experience. Someone said it may show up closer to the sailing date.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I called and my PVC also could not book the two, three of four meal dining experience any longer. I was told the Eataly Market Experience is the steakhouse. Ristorante Italia was always difficult to book and now seems gone from booking before the cruise. The description of Galaxy seems to now be Sushi, changed from Mediterranean fusion. It could be some change starting with the October Caribbean sailings, not sure what is up.

I have the same problem I called and spoke to MSC representative and they said you can not do it over the phone and he knew nothing about the dine 4 experience. Someone said it may show up closer to the sailing date.

The staff I have talked to about our November cruise seem unfamiliar with everything. They need to educate their customer service folks.

I just think that MSC has no clue what is going on with the Divina in November.
Unfortunately, I agree. My Asian Fusion dinner at the Galaxy restaurant was a highlight of my last Divina cruise and I will be very disappointed if it only a sushi restaurant now. Bob

The Galaxy has been turned into a sushi restaurant. I have seen the menu, which if you like sushi looks amazing. If I can find it again, I will post. Kind of torn on this because I do love sushi but the Galaxy was my favorite speciality restaurant.

Bret

If you happen to find the menu I’d really like to see it. The galaxy was the best meal we had on the divina last winter and were looking to go again this winter. I don’t think I’m quite as excited about it turning into a sushi restaurant.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

When I look at my similar Divina booking I also only see the oddly described choices you mention. When I look at the MSC general specialty restaurant page I come up with what I expect is still available, as when I sailed in 2017. I did have to log out and clear my web browser cookies to view the page correctly.

https://www.msccruisesusa.com/en-us/Discover-MSC/Speciality-Restaurants-Packages.aspx

Eataly Experience - Eataly Steakhouse

The juiciest steaks and more, prepared Italian-style

Tuck into a perfectly prepared steak as part of a 3-course gourmet menu at the Eataly Steakhouse. Relax in the welcoming Italian ambience, an ideal setting for a meal showcasing only the very best of Italian cuisine.

Add to your cruise

Eataly Experience - Ristorante Italia

The best of Italy on a plate

Sign yourself up for a delicious tasting menu, the signature dish of Eataly Ristorante Italia. Choose your Italian-style 4-course meal from the fine dining menu and please your palate with divine Slow Food Presidia creations. Italian-style haute cuisine at its best.

Add to your cruise

Galaxy Experience Adult/Child

Explore the culinary universe of Mediterranean fusion food

Roam the aromas and savor the flavors of the Mediterranean with this fusion food dining experience. Comprising 3 courses served in the cool ambience of the Galaxy Restaurant, the menu will allow you to discover the Mediterranean to the sound of great music without having to leave your seat.

Add to your cruise

Divina Dining Package - 2 Dining Experiences

Double the dining pleasure at a great-value price

Feast on the authentic gourmet highlights of the world’s finest cuisines in the cosy atmosphere of the Eataly Steakhouse and the Galaxy Restaurant, where great music provides a rhythmic backdrop to your Mediterranean fusion food experience.

Add to your cruise

Divina Dining Package - 3 Dining Experiences

A delicious dining trio at a very nice price

From a perfect steak at the Eataly Steakhouse, to a home-made Italian style Pizza at Eataly Pizzeria, through to Mediterranean fusion cuisine served to great music at the Galaxy Restaurant, this great-value dining trio delivers an exceptional culinary experience at sea.

Add to your cruise

Divina Dining Package - 4 Dining Experiences

A “Fab Four” with flavor to spare

This 4-restaurant package combines Italian at the Eataly Steakhouse, Eataly Ristorante Italia and Eataly Pizza, alongside Mediterranean fusion food at the Galaxy Restaurant to the sound of great music. It’s our best-value dining deal yet.

It may show the dining experience but they are not showing for any of the January cruise

If you happen to find the menu I’d really like to see it. The galaxy was the best meal we had on the divina last winter and were looking to go again this winter. I don’t think I’m quite as excited about it turning into a sushi restaurant

Here it is: https://docs.wixstatic.com/ugd/76c274_0454453129ea4c5f9e7f9eb6e37b81ec.pdf

This was still an English draft version though it is in Euros. Imagine the final will be very similar.

Bret

Personally, changing the Galaxy to an Asian - I don't believe this will go over well. I like Asian food, but many people will not go and this one Specialty Restaurant (SR) had a beautiful view and setting.

The Eatery was not what I would call an SR due to the decor and view looking at lifeboats. Food very good!

The other next to the Eatery was very small. Food very good!

Personally, changing the Galaxy to an Asian - I don't believe this will go over well. I like Asian food, but many people will not go and this one Specialty Restaurant (SR) had a beautiful view and setting.

It changed to a Sushi restaurant for the TA from Europe back in 2015 as well. We were extremely disappointed as we'd enjoyed a couple of meals in Galaxy before, when it was a 'regular' restaurant and were looking forward to another couple of evenings' enjoyment on that cruise. There must have been a good response to the change for them to re-introduce it when Divina returned to Europe this Summer (which is when, I believe, it was changed again).

thanks for posting the menu. It looks like we will be skipping the galaxy restaurant this January. I wonder what the eataly market experience menu will be like.

If it hadn't changed from Feb 2018.

Decor terrible, looks like Johnny Rockets. View looking out you see life boats. Food and service were excellent!

Steaks were excellent!