1st time family cruise on Ventura next year. Any advice?

Bashyman

HI all,

We are a family of 4 with 2 boys (when cruise sets off they'll be 9 and 11)

We have just booked our first cruise, August 4th 2019 for 13 nights on the Ventura to the canary islands (Madeira, La Palma, Tenerife, Lanzarote and La Coruna).

We are all so excited. Have just logged in and we've been allocated a cabin already...P323 (Outside Cabin). I've looked into it and it's on Deck 5. Have obviously googled the cabin and have read a couple of reviews for this particular cabin (admittedly were wrote in 2011) and reviewers have posted that when the stabilisers have been 'deployed' the noise has been unbearable and remained that way until they were 'brought back in'.

My first question is, has anyone else experienced this cabin? I've read other reviews on deck 5 (P deck), and all other ones have said it's probably the best deck to be on for lack of noise and ship movement. My parents, who are regular cruisers and have been on this ship before (although not deck 5), say that it's a good deck. Just worried about the noise in that particular cabin, or could it be the individual reviews I read were over sensitive?

Also, I know the Ventura had a refurb in April this year and part of the work carried out were on the stabilisers...could this have made a difference to the noise in cabin P323?

I am an incredibly light sleeper and don't want to spend all holiday shattered. We are booked on the easy saver, so can't change the cabin anyway, just want peace of mind. Maybe the stabilisers won't be deployed anyway?

My other question is regarding the entertainment and facilities for our boys. The vast majority of the reviews I've read for the Ventura have been for couples with no children.

I know they have clubs for their age range and they will be in the same age range for the 'reef' club. But just wondered what they get up to in this club. My two, as I expect most boys that age LOVE gaming and my parents have told me that on some cruises they have PS4's and xbox's or similar in the childrens clubs. Does the Ventura have this type of thing? I'd rather prepare them for what they can expect as they've heard my parents talking about their cruises and what they've experienced with observing other families. We don't want them to be disappointed. Also, are there drinks/ice cream packages for the children?

Thank you for reading and thanks in advance for any replies.

Also, any other advice (e.g. excursions/dining) or info would be much appreciated. So excited...but still a whole year away!