Talk Dawn-y to me!

we're only fifteen days away now, and I just can't wait! Tell me anything at all about Dawn, Bermuda, especially food and drink and I will love it!

Mdr menus from recent 7-day trips are particularly welcome.

You asked for "Talk Dawn-y to me!" So here goes...

The light came slowly filtering through the curtain in our state room.

My first thoughts? It’s dawn and we are at sea, on the Dawn!

I decided to sneak out while DH slept, so I could get some coffee immediately (a requirement)!

So, I headed to the Garden Café for my morning pick-me-up. Three of those little cups later, I was ready for a nice stroll up on deck 13. The day was shaping-up beautifully, and I was enjoying the waves made by the wake of the ship.

(I could go on, but since our cruise was way back in April, I think others may have more relevant info for you.)

Edited by ggTexasGal
corrections

We love Los Lobos Cantina on the Dawn. Great Margaritas and delicious table-side guacamole. It's al'acarte, but quite inexpensive as portions are huge. Visit it early in the cruise! We have it booked for our first night:D

We've booked it, too, but on a sea day. Also Cagney's and Le Bistro, which we loved on the Gem. I think we'll be adding the Italian place as well once we get on board, assuming we can get a reasonable time.

We've booked it, too, but on a sea day. Also Cagney's and Le Bistro, which we loved on the Gem. I think we'll be adding the Italian place as well once we get on board, assuming we can get a reasonable time.

If you book reservations as soon as you board there are usually very good times available.

We sailed the Dawn this past February and here are a few can't misses:

Soul Rockin' Nights

–We absolutely loved this show. It featured a wide range of rock artists including many Motown songs as well as the British Invasion with 3 songs from The Who. The show opens and closes with Eddie Money’s “Rock and Roll the Place”. There also were songs from Queen, Kiss and more. It was not your typical cruise line production show as they really let the Dawn Show band jam. Probably the best production show I've seen on a cruise ship. Shows were at 7 PM and 9 PM.

Dawn Dance Battle

– This is a takeoff on "Dancing with the Stars"type show featuring ship dancers and passengers. It was a lot of fun. I laughed so hard my face hurt. It is in the Bliss Lounge.

Favorite bar was Gatsby's

Dawn Dance Battle

– This is a takeoff on "Dancing with the Stars"type show featuring ship dancers and passengers. It was a lot of fun. I laughed so hard my face hurt. It is in the Bliss Lounge.

Watched this for the first time on Sky last month, it was great!

Loving this thread! I, too, am on this sailing, and it's also my 1st time on the Dawn and to Bermuda. Very excited!

Sent from my SM-G955U using Forums mobile app

Here is my review from the Feb 18-25 sailing this year. Granted it was not Bermuda but there is a lot of stuff about the Dawn in it.

https://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2606930

Can anyone heading out on the Dawn in the next couple months please report back on whether they are offering the "ultimate arcade pass" thing? I have seen it mentioned on some of the bigger ships but didn't know if the smaller ones were doing it. It would save my arcade lovers a lot of money!

I am just off the Dawn today. We had great trip to Bermuda. The staff on the ship are fantastic and very helpful and friendly. Los Lobos was our favorite. The guacamole was wonderful. We also ate at Moderno and Le Bistro. Both specialty restaurants were also very good. Aqua and the Venetian had good menus and we could always find something we liked. They had the favorites menu and the daily special menu. The entertainment started out slow but got better during the week. The Elements show was entertaining. Rockaway Duo played in the Atrium. They were very good. There was always something to do. We like walking around the promenade deck and just watching the ocean on at sea days. We are sorry to see the Dawn leave Boston. This was our second cruise on the Dawn. I will be interested to see reviews of the Gem.

I am just off the Dawn today. We had great trip to Bermuda. The staff on the ship are fantastic and very helpful and friendly. Los Lobos was our favorite. The guacamole was wonderful. We also ate at Moderno and Le Bistro. Both specialty restaurants were also very good. Aqua and the Venetian had good menus and we could always find something we liked. They had the favorites menu and the daily special menu. The entertainment started out slow but got better during the week. The Elements show was entertaining. Rockaway Duo played in the Atrium. They were very good. There was always something to do. We like walking around the promenade deck and just watching the ocean on at sea days. We are sorry to see the Dawn leave Boston. This was our second cruise on the Dawn. I will be interested to see reviews of the Gem.

Thank you!

a bit more of Bermuda...

All six so beautiful and exciting! Thank you!

Not to be ungrateful, but I don't suppose you have legible pictures of menus? We are professional restaurant reviewers, so we get really happy about dining in restaurants we DON'T have to photograph and write about. It's one of the best things about cruising for us!

All six so beautiful and exciting! Thank you!

Not to be ungrateful, but I don't suppose you have legible pictures of menus? We are professional restaurant reviewers, so we get really happy about dining in restaurants we DON'T have to photograph and write about. It's one of the best things about cruising for us!

I'm sorry to have to say no. I had noticed your desire for "recent menus," but sadly, we just don't tend to photograph them. My best wishes to you!