Royal Double Booked My Room

akh007

Many years ago, we had booked several rooms on Majesty; they had just created the two-bedroom Royal Family Suite (which turned out to be a joke) and we managed to get it for a family of four. As we were checking in at the pier, the lady dealing with us said "hmm..., they just upgraded somebody to the Royal Family Suite, I hope they all know each other". It was a grandmother and her two grandchildren who had booked a cabin with a porthole; they "upgraded" her at the pier! They locked themselves in (and helped themselves to the gift basket from our TA), and it took security to move them out. As it turns out, one couple of our group was unable to go and we were going to use the insurance to get reimbursed. Royal bought the cabin and reimbursed our airfare to have a place to put that group, and they still told everybody they came in contact with how mistreated they were. They didn't know who we were, and we overheard the granddaughter telling somebody that she was having to sleep on the coffee table because they were downgraded so badly. We got nothing, except the proper cabin.

That is awful! But boy, would I have been doing the Happy Dance if I got upgraded for free from a porthole cabin to a Royal Suite!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Many years ago, we had booked several rooms on Majesty; they had just created the two-bedroom Royal Family Suite (which turned out to be a joke) and we managed to get it for a family of four. As we were checking in at the pier, the lady dealing with us said "hmm..., they just upgraded somebody to the Royal Family Suite, I hope they all know each other". It was a grandmother and her two grandchildren who had booked a cabin with a porthole; they "upgraded" her at the pier! They locked themselves in (and helped themselves to the gift basket from our TA), and it took security to move them out. As it turns out, one couple of our group was unable to go and we were going to use the insurance to get reimbursed. Royal bought the cabin and reimbursed our airfare to have a place to put that group, and they still told everybody they came in contact with how mistreated they were. They didn't know who we were, and we overheard the granddaughter telling somebody that she was having to sleep on the coffee table because they were downgraded so badly. We got nothing, except the proper cabin.
Wow, I think you win the "sh++ies+" treatment post!

OP, glad things worked out and good to read you will be getting something for the added stress.

Sent from my SM-T820 using Tapatalk

I'm going to pull a guess out of my you-know-where.

It was never double booked. They didn't have to move anyone. Somehow they (someone at RC or a computer at RC) saw it as double booked but it wasn't.

So they "fixed" something that wasn't broken, merely misunderstood.

JMO

Yep. Chances are the OP was BOTH bookings for the room. The reserved hold and the second day call in and book.

Come on, you do have to admit your response wasn't that helpful. Obviously OP knew he or she could switch to another cabin.

Why do we have to slam someone who gave an answer that he fought might be helpful ? OP doesn't mention that it was a possibility and is asking for suggestions. Setsail gave a valid one based on the initial description. No point in insulting him.