Royal Double Booked My Room

akh007

Last night I called in and reserved an Aqua Theater Suite on Harmony of the Seas for September 15th, 2018 and today I called in to make payment in full. They charged my card in full today. I then tried logging into the cruise planner and it wasn't letting me buy any dining or drink packages. I called to ask them to clear that up for me. Then they informed me the room had been double booked, and that I'm simply out of luck.

Has anyone ever experienced or heard of Royal charging someone in full, sending them a confirmation, and then telling them they cant have that room?

I'm a little frustrated to say the least, as I booked this cruise for my wife's birthday and told her about it this morning.

Any suggestions?

I am sorry it happened to you. Not fun to discover your newly minted plan has gone awry.

Since you only called last night, I think perhaps re title of the thread “Royal Carribean Double Booked me into Somebody’s Room!” as the other party likely already had that suite booked. Though you are booking at the last minute, there do seem to be cabins available on that ship that date for your spouse’s celebration, though not a suite. Accept a lesser cabin, change ship/sail date , or chose another celebration. And next year start planning sooner if you want a suite!

They offered a JR Suite, which I don't really want. I wanted the bigger room and the Sky Class benefits. Oh and a whopping $50 in onboard credit.

Was refund in full an option? And since the sailing is less than 30 days away, was wondering how did you were able reserve the cabin last night, and hold off payment till morning?

ARe you open to other cruise lines? I know NCL Getaway has Haven Suites available that day from Miami. The NCL suite experience tends to get very good reviews with private Haven, butlers and concierges. Other cruiselines might have last minute openings,too.

They simply said you were out of luck and offered no resolution? I've never heard of a specific double booking, just some occasional general overbooking. So, why isn't the other booking out of luck?

I would press the issue with RCCL. Since they have your money and you presumably have a confirmation number and a cabin, seems they should offer some resolution. Perhaps they have another nice suite that will work.

Good luck and let us know the resolution.

M

Was refund in full an option? And since the sailing is less than 30 days away, was wondering how did you were able reserve the cabin last night, and hold off payment till morning?

Good question, I just booked a trip for October and they wouldn't hold anything without full payment.

Good question, I just booked a trip for October and they wouldn't hold anything without full payment.

I called in last night to see what was available, and was told they would hold it for me for 24 hours. I got an email confirmation showing the reservation was held, and that payment was due by 5PM EST. Called in today and they charged me in full.

ARe you open to other cruise lines? I know NCL Getaway has Haven Suites available that day from Miami. The NCL suite experience tends to get very good reviews with private Haven, butlers and concierges. Other cruiselines might have last minute openings,too.

I did find the Getaway as well this afternoon after getting the news. Rooms seem nice, I like cruising with Royal but with free drink packages, dining, and a 825 sqft room, I very well may give that Haven Suite a try on NCL.

Appreciate the research and help!

I called in last night to see what was available, and was told they would hold it for me for 24 hours. I got an email confirmation showing the reservation was held, and that payment was due by 5PM EST. Called in today and they charged me in full.

I had something similiar. I had multiple rooms I was booking on the same sailing. I requested a JS and they TA took payment. After I finished they called back and said it was double booked because it took too long to have the payment go through. It went to resolutions and I was upgraded to a GS. Normally you cannot hold a suite especially at the last minute. I wonder if the rep accidentally held it and it was automatically released, but the fact it took full payment is strange, so something like that make have happened in your case.

I would post it on their Facebook wall and ask for help. They sometimes can get to the right people.

Last night I called in and reserved an Aqua Theater Suite on Harmony of the Seas for September 15th, 2018 and today I called in to make payment in full. They charged my card in full today. I then tried logging into the cruise planner and it wasn't letting me buy any dining or drink packages. I called to ask them to clear that up for me. Then they informed me the room had been double booked, and that I'm simply out of luck.

Has anyone ever experienced or heard of Royal charging someone in full, sending them a confirmation, and then telling them they cant have that room?

I'm a little frustrated to say the least, as I booked this cruise for my wife's birthday and told her about it this morning.

Any suggestions?

Royal came through for me. They somehow managed to free the room up. Becky from Royal said they were able to move the other guests and that a fruit plate and bottle of champagne will be waiting for us!

Still not sure why this happened, but it was resolved happily.

Royal came through for me. They somehow managed to free the room up. Becky from Royal said they were able to move the other guests and that a fruit plate and bottle of champagne will be waiting for us!

Still not sure why this happened, but it was resolved happily.

Scary, but excellent outcome. I think I would have needed a free beverage package to recover from the stress.

I'm going to pull a guess out of my you-know-where.

It was never double booked. They didn't have to move anyone. Somehow they (someone at RC or a computer at RC) saw it as double booked but it wasn't.

So they "fixed" something that wasn't broken, merely misunderstood.

JMO

I'm going to pull a guess out of my you-know-where.

It was never double booked. They didn't have to move anyone. Somehow they (someone at RC or a computer at RC) saw it as double booked but it wasn't.

So they "fixed" something that wasn't broken, merely misunderstood.

JMO

This Cracker Jack IT Theory seems likely.

Still, I am glad it has been resolved.

Many years ago, we had booked several rooms on Majesty; they had just created the two-bedroom Royal Family Suite (which turned out to be a joke) and we managed to get it for a family of four. As we were checking in at the pier, the lady dealing with us said "hmm..., they just upgraded somebody to the Royal Family Suite, I hope they all know each other". It was a grandmother and her two grandchildren who had booked a cabin with a porthole; they "upgraded" her at the pier! They locked themselves in (and helped themselves to the gift basket from our TA), and it took security to move them out. As it turns out, one couple of our group was unable to go and we were going to use the insurance to get reimbursed. Royal bought the cabin and reimbursed our airfare to have a place to put that group, and they still told everybody they came in contact with how mistreated they were. They didn't know who we were, and we overheard the granddaughter telling somebody that she was having to sleep on the coffee table because they were downgraded so badly. We got nothing, except the proper cabin.

Funny, if you don't want to switch to anther cabin, that would be your problem, not mine

Come on, you do have to admit your response wasn't that helpful. Obviously OP knew he or she could switch to another cabin.

Come on, you do have to admit your response wasn't that helpful. Obviously OP knew he or she could switch to another cabin.

Come on, non of that info was given in post 1 and It was a very good response based on the fact it was the wife's BD:rolleyes: