Cabin 1690 on Adventure of the Seas

I have read here on CC where all of the Aft facing balcony cabins are really desirable and usually gobbled up pretty quick. I have found one that works for us but is listed a partially obstructed. I have heard of that on OV cabins but never heard talk of it on the balcony cabins. Any insight into what that cabin will be like? How bad is the obstruction? Will it still give the same aft experience that a non-obstructed one will.

I have read here on CC where all of the Aft facing balcony cabins are really desirable and usually gobbled up pretty quick. I have found one that works for us but is listed a partially obstructed. I have heard of that on OV cabins but never heard talk of it on the balcony cabins. Any insight into what that cabin will be like? How bad is the obstruction? Will it still give the same aft experience that a non-obstructed one will.

All aft facing staterooms on Voyager and Freedom class ships have obstructed views due to the ship's superstructure. The obstruction gets worse as you go lower in deck, so yours on deck 10 is the least obstructed.

We absolutely love aft cabins, and grab them whenever we can. Actually just booked another one on Adventure next year. The "obstruction" has never bothered us - the view is still spectacular, you really almost won't notice the superstructure. Plus the aft balconies are huge - one of DH's favorite cruise activities is snoozing on the lounger :D

We had that room last month and LOVED it. I’m spoiled for life. I will try to attach pics. The people can look down and see you from windjammer but only if way out at rail so never bothered us. I lived out there. Very quiet.

Ok so when I went to book. It wasn’t available. However the RCI rep that led me he could get me 1688 right next to it. He said it was even better. It is on a corner so it’s one of angled. The room appears a little shorter bit wider. I’m assuming this means a bigger deck and because of the angle I should have a view and of both the port and and aft of the ship. I booked without checking back here on CC because I didn’t want to miss out. Any thoughts of His cabin.