Drink package onboard purchase

Does anyone know of the pricing to purchase the drink package once you're onboard? Is it the same as the price online prior to sailing? Thanks

Price varies, you won't really know until you are onboard. Most likely more expensive than pre-cruise price.

Does anyone know of the pricing to purchase the drink package once you're onboard? Is it the same as the price online prior to sailing? Thanks

Welcome to Cruise Critic.

I think that you will find pre-cruise pricing to be better than what you will find on board the Allure.

Worse comes to worse, if you pre-purchase, then find out immediately on boarding that the price is lower than what you paid, you can go to Guest Services and cancel your packages.

Then you can buy at the on-board price.

But I doubt that you will find that.

Just a few more days, and then Bon Voyage!

If you’re thinking about it most likely best to do it before. DW was on the fence and we didn’t on our last Liberty Cruise. I booked her in the kids cabin so DD(19) would be in mine and I could get it without her.

EPIC FAIL. We did the whole key card thing, DS did not get 2x point for being in a Suite she paid for and slept in and then after her first beer changed her mind. And we spent an extra $135.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

If you’re thinking about it most likely best to do it before. DW was on the fence and we didn’t on our last Liberty Cruise. I booked her in the kids cabin so DD(19) would be in mine and I could get it without her.

EPIC FAIL. We did the whole key card thing, DS did not get 2x point for being in a Suite she paid for and slept in and then after her first beer changed her mind. And we spent an extra $135.

But you still got the double points so whoever in your family has the most is the person who determines your status.

Sent from my PH-1 using Forums mobile app

But you still got the double points so whoever in your family has the most is the person who determines your status.

Sent from my PH-1 using Forums mobile app

True, and so far DW and I have always cruised together so it seemed like a moot point when I did it. But if wife and DD decide to cruise one day without me, the points she earned would catch her up to me instead of putting us ahead.

Not blaming anyone but myself for this one. RCCL’s program is very generous compared to other lines. Just putting it out there for those who might be able to learn from my mistake.

Hello

I just came off the 9 day Anthem cruise this August......we did not buy the drink package before, so I checked it out on the ship the 2nd day. The price was the same, as it was the last week before the cruise. What I was told is: Anthem met their quota, so NO deals on the drink package what so ever once on the ship. What they could do was if I bought the drink package, my friend in the same room did not need to buy the drink pkg, but must buy the Soda & Coffee pkg (no one drinks soda in our group). So we figured it out it came to a little over $800 for 2 people in a room which is $400 per person. So we decide not to take it. I came home with a $200 bar bill, so I would not have used it anyway.

There were NO 10 Drink Cards offered or NO Happy Hours offered on this 9 day sailing either. Which I was disappointed in finding.......I asked and again was told that when the ship meets the Drink Packages quota that needs to be sold - there are no deals to be had on board!

L~NY