Escape Departure-NYC

lightingafire

Anyone have recommendations as to the best spot to stand on the Escape while it departs NYC? I want to make sure I can see it all without having to run back and forth. :)

Go to Deck 19, all the way forward. Stand against the wall to the Haven for fantastic views of Manhattan, SOL, and the Bridge.

Plan: After you embark, make your way up to Deck 19 forward viewing deck to make sure you know where it is. Immediately after muster (the minute it ends), head up to Deck 19 and stake a claim on the rail. Expect to stand for a couple of hours in the sun.

Also...if only a gold Latitude member...what time can we EXPECT to board in NYC...Thank You!!

11:30.

The Buffet and O'Sheehan's open at 11:30 for lunch

Taste and Savor main dining rooms open at 12:00 for lunch

Margaritaville opens at 12:00 for lunch (additional fee)

Not an answer to your question, but a thought on the best spot on your return. You will sail back into port before dawn. It's worth getting up to watch the ship sail past Lady Liberty on your way back. It's just spectacular to see her lit up. We were fortunate to have a balcony on the Statue of Liberty side. If you don't, go up on deck.

Go to Deck 19, all the way forward. Stand against the wall to the Haven for fantastic views of Manhattan, SOL, and the Bridge.

Plan: After you embark, make your way up to Deck 19 forward viewing deck to make sure you know where it is. Immediately after muster (the minute it ends), head up to Deck 19 and stake a claim on the rail. Expect to stand for a couple of hours in the sun.

Thanks! Sounds like a good plan!

Not an answer to your question, but a thought on the best spot on your return. You will sail back into port before dawn. It's worth getting up to watch the ship sail past Lady Liberty on your way back. It's just spectacular to see her lit up. We were fortunate to have a balcony on the Statue of Liberty side. If you don't, go up on deck.

Great idea! I have a forward room, closer to starboard side so maybe I can see it from my room? If not I will go up to the deck as suggested. I guess it depends on what time we sail into the city! I am usually up pretty early, so hopefully, I will be up early enough to catch it!

Great idea! I have a forward room, closer to starboard side so maybe I can see it from my room? If not I will go up to the deck as suggested. I guess it depends on what time we sail into the city! I am usually up pretty early, so hopefully, I will be up early enough to catch it!

Oh, Sorry, Status will be on Port side coming back! Ships with a 8am return time on itinerary are often entering the outer harbor at 5am and passing the statue around 5:30am, could be sooner or later but probably earlier that you expect! We were docking at 6am last time.

Oh, Sorry, Status will be on Port side coming back! Ships with a 8am return time on itinerary are often entering the outer harbor at 5am and passing the statue around 5:30am, could be sooner or later but probably earlier that you expect! We were docking at 6am last time.

Good to know the timing! I will keep that in mind and should be up to see it! Thanks!

So I have to be at terminal at 6 to see it dock? Thinking of watching it for my next adventure in September. [emoji846]

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I hope to do the same in October as I am staying 2 blocks away. I am lucky that it is supposed to return for 10am disembarkation so I assume 8am docking. It can be just one hour prior but in my experience it was 2 hours before all 3 times in NYC.